Senior Manager – Strategy & Operations (International Tax and Controllership)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10068143 Location London, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 20, 2023
Location - this role will be based in Hammersmith, 4 days per week
The Strategy & Operations team operate within The Walt Disney Company, International Tax and Controllership function and is based in London.
Team Role and Responsibilities
The team supports the International Head of Controllership and Tax and the Global Head of Tax. The team is responsible for identifying strategic risks and opportunities, driving value and reducing risk through the design and implementation of pan International Finance Operating Models (People, Processes and Systems) to meet fast evolving accounting and regulatory requirements and business developments.
Responsibilities fall under three key areas: 1. Finance Transformation 2. Process Improvement and 3. Corporate Architecture (legal entity structure and inter-company transaction arrangements).
This role is critical to the delivery of our International Finance & Tax transformation efforts in what is a rapidly evolving and complex environment. This is a hands on role in a small but highly agile team from various backgrounds and experience.
The Senior Manager will report to the team Director and will be responsible for:
• Acting as the primary contact and senior project manager lead for a number of complex projects at a Pan International level
• Transformation – Supporting in strategic transformation delivery to align to Global Corporate Strategy and meet evolving regulatory requirements:
Project design and implementation
Business Process Reengineering
• Management of Managed Service Providers – acting as the key point of contact for managed service provider(s) in relation to:
Service transition and transformation
Service Level Agreement monitoring
Key Performance Indicator review and management
Scope change agreement and sign off
Internal stakeholder management
• Project Financials Management
Business Case Design
RFP management and evaluation of proposals
Project funding, approvals and budget management
Planning Yearly Project spend
Monitoring spend on a quarterly basis budget vs forecast
• Oversight and project management of regional / local cross functional teams
• Senior stakeholder management at local, regional and global levels including Direct and Indirect Tax, Statutory Compliance, Legal, Accounting, Finance, Technology, HR and related third parties
• The Senior Manager will be accountable for the delivery of these projects and be expected to liaise with the team leadership on an ongoing basis to ensure they are informed of progress and or challenges with any particular project. The successful candidate will work in close liaison with the Business and Function teams to provide value add business partnering.
Suitable candidates will possess the following experience and skills:
• Significant experience in Consulting or In-House managing large complex transformation projects (previous Finance Transformation experience would be desirable)
• Extensive Project Management experience (design and implementation)
• Finance / Tax process analysis and re-engineering
• Data Management and governance
• Experience in managing stakeholders across international regions, markets and time zones
• Highly organized and able to oversee multiple projects at any one time
• Ability to work independently with only occasional guidance while managing multiple tasks and projects
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written - able to deliver clear and succinct information to senior leadership when required
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead through influence
• Experience of team management and the ability to learn and apply new concepts and overcome obstacles with change
• SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency required
• Experience in analytics and reporting tools (Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau) highly desirable
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.