Senior Marketing Manager, Fashion, Maternity Cover for 12 monthsApply NowApply Later Job ID 775962BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Mar. 22, 2021
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join our CPGP (Consumer Products, Games & Publishing) Team (12 Months FTC).
A demonstrated background in creative marketing plus a knowledge of and a passion for the Fashion industry is essential for this role.
In this role you will:
Plan and execute long term and fiscal year strategies and have overall responsibility of relevant category and the marketing management of existing and/or new accounts which fall within. Lead the team in management of all relevant accounts.
Using key trends and consumer insights, develop and drive succinct strategies within CPGP, whilst being agile to capitalise on the moment and support category team on new opportunities and key accounts.
Responsible for driving marketing specific retail execution (in-store POS, windows, digital, events, screenings, synergy opportunities) with key accounts, across all franchises, as well as category initiatives. Will also support CPGP franchise team to deliver franchise marketing plans and toolkits to local marketing teams.
Relationships are key to the success of this role, both internally and externally. Actively manage and cultivate the engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each account, new and existing, to ultimately support the category team to drive and deliver strategic growth in licensing sales on behalf of the EMEA business.
- Develop, set and execute the long term marketing strategy for the ffast fashion category in conjunction with category and franchise teams
- Proactively lead the team to ensure delivery of departmental targets, ensuring they are aware of the current business priorities and build any changes into the department plans
- Manage day to day marketing relationship with key accounts Primark and H&M and provide category teams with support as and when needed across other growth accounts and new business opportunities
- Leverage macro and micro trends along with audience, category and retailer insights to shape more effective marketing campaigns for CPGP, with maximum ROI
- Ensure all marketing activity in-scope is strategically aligned with franchise, category and global strategies
- Support category team to pitch and secure new licensees/retailers that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner maximising the ‘white space’ opportunities
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with local country CPGP teams, providing information and regular strategy and franchise updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences
- Establish a good working relationship with global counterparts to ensure regular communication flow on latest initiatives and ongoing liaison regarding global licensees where relevant
- Work appropriately with the other managers within the regional marketing team to ensure point of differentiation for key accounts
- Help effectively control allocated marketing budget secured through AOP
- Work with the integrated TWDC marketing community, licensees and retailers to ensure marketing budget and licensee promotional commitment is invested in the most effective manner possible
- Share best practice and campaign analysis across regional, local and global teams
- Experience within consumer products commercialisation and/or retail, specifically in high street fashion and home marketing/PR across EMEA
- A strong understanding of digital/social marketing and experience working with Fashion influencers
- Experience planning, executing and evaluating innovative marketing campaigns
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
- Proven experience of developing the performance of a team
- Advanced knowledge of trends within the fashion, lifestyle and luxury sectors with the ability to take industry trends and translate them into something that drives growth for Disney
- Ability to give both internal and agency creative teams clear direction and briefs, and manage feedback and approval process within relevant brand guidelines
- Ability to analyse data and consumer insights, construct practical conclusions and implement recommendations to achieve business targets
- An ability to manage senior stakeholders
- Financial acumen - an ability to understand and drive a P&L and quarterly forecasting process
- Ability to understand and work within the legal guidelines provided by the legal department
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target new accounts
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Written and spoken English for business use, essential; professional proficiency in another European language, beneficial
- A good eye for creative and digital, social and brick and mortar marketing
- Excellent strategic approach to problem solving and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of local markets across EMEA
- Flexibility for frequent UK, European or international travel may be required
- Contribution to ad-hoc projects as the business requires
- Flexible hours may be required to meet business needs
-25 days’ annual leave
-Private medical insurance & dental care
-Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
-Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
-Flexible working hours are available
-Excellent maternity & paternity leave
-Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.