Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial Analyst - Media InvestmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 582989BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 22, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Sourcing & Procurement EMEA team in the Media investment unit. This role is a permanent full time opportunity based in our EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London.
This opportunity will provide financial and analytical support to the EMEA Sourcing and Procurement (S&P) organisation. Primarily focussed on the Media (traditional and digital) category, this role will require close collaboration with numerous stakeholders within the various lines of business across the Disney organisation. This opportunity will gain exposure to elements of marketing as media sits within the overall Marketing procurement category.
- Support the Annual Operating Planning process for Sourcing & Procurement, as well as the ongoing Sourcing plan and project pipeline
- Support the Sourcing team in the development of feasibility studies and ROI assessments for critical projects within the Media (& Marketing) category
- Support the financial management of key strategic agency relationships across EMEA
- Provide support, as required, to the project financial validation process
- Evaluate and summarise financial issues/opportunities for senior management
- Assist in the facilitation of continuous improvement of existing Sourcing & Procurement processes
- Maintain analysis tools and provide analytical support for key Sourcing projects and the overall Media (& Marketing) category plan
- Maintain processes and procedures and support ad hoc audits to ensure auditable compliance of the Sourcing function
- Ensure follow up on rebate calculations and collections
- Experience with financial, strategic planning and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and project skills, the successful candidate will thrive when leading and managing an array of initiatives from project initiation through to final presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High- energy, self- motivated with a desire to excel in a multi stakeholder environment
- Deliverable – focussed work ethic
- CPA or equivalent
- Experience in media and marketing, entertainment, FMCG Multinational companies is advantageous
- Experience in media consultancy, media agency or within marketing specialisation
- Financial modelling and analysis skills
- Financial management and understanding of financial & accounting principles
- Advanced excel and presentation tool skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Ability to build relationships within the organisation
- Knowledge of enterprise systems and data gathering
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).