Senior Merchandise Planner, Disney StoreApply NowApply Later Job ID 965963BR Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Apr. 28, 2022
- Develop the strategy and division financial plans to achieve growth and profitability that align with key product strategies and initiatives for all channels
- Develop the strategy and lead pre-season plans that align with grow, maintain, and downtrend positioning within divisional merchandise and category initiatives
- Accountable for the optimal SKU count across all channels and refresh rates to maximise acquisition an productivity Own and manage category product releases on all channels to mitigate financial gaps year on year
- Lead Merchandise Planners to understand in-season performance/trends to inform future season plans
- Ensure Merchandise Planners make connections on related items and stratify assortment to determine ‘cannibalisation’ and manage inventory levels appropriately
- Seek information from e-commerce analytics team on traffic, conversion and average order value (AOV) key performance indicators
- Drive the collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure effective website navigation and that the customer journey is streamlined, easy to use, delivers the planned conversion and average customer spend and other KPIs (online only) Partner with trading for P&L to drive the business with accountability to revenue and cost of goods
- Reforecast sales, inventory and margin on a monthly basis based on division performance
- Provide division cause of change for monthly open to buy meetings
- Partner with buying to rank newness to maximise buys with clear understanding of product lifecycle
- Communicate divisional strategies, as needed to key stakeholders for clear understanding of product transition to maximise sales performance across channels
- With Trading, collaborate to identify pricing and liquidation opportunities to manage transition of product
- Ensure team understands and utilises tools available to purchase, analyse and react to trends in the business to achieve growth and profitability objectives
- Ensure consistency of execution across entire division
- Responsible for leading the merchandise financial planning (MFP) system (WSSI) review
- Deputise for Merchandising Director as required
- Build effective partnerships with the key stakeholders across the broader organisation, working strategically with partners to leverage efforts and drive efficiencies where possible
- Degree-level education in a related field (business or finance) or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience in merchandise planning function within a retail environment
- Experience leading and developing high performing teams
- Experience in merchandising for vertical retail environment
- Experience of strategising, developing and executing business plans
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and managing stakeholders within a large, multi-national, matrix organisation
- Robust leadership and talent development abilities and a collaborative and effective management style
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Innovative, commercial and strategic approach
- Exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to understand all financial key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Influencing and negotiation skills across all levels of the organisation
- Advanced problem solving ability
- Strong planning and organisation skills and ability to prioritise workload and deliver within challenging timeframes
- Adept in delivering multiple priorities
Additional Information:The Perks
· 25 days annual leave
· Private medical insurance & dental care
· Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
· Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
· Hybrid working is available
· Excellent parental and guardian leave
· Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Store.
The Disney Store Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.