Senior Procurement Specialist – Marketing (Maternity Cover)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 744630BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
The role of the Senior Sourcing Specialist to support the design and execution (or coordinate execution) of the Marketing Category sourcing strategy for EMEA. This role will contribute to design, propose, discuss and align the Category strategy in partnership with the corresponding Sourcing/ Business/ Finance Stakeholders. The successful candidate will be a marketing category expert, and is responsible to continually staying up to date with best practices and category knowledge, and educating the stakeholder and sourcing teams.
This role has direct Sourcing responsibility for the UK&I spend and will work in close partnership with the Territory Managers to understand local specificities and deploy the set strategy. Under guidance of the Category Manager, the Senior Sourcing Specialists might have assigned Sub-Categories under their responsibilities.
- Supports the Category Lead in developing long term category strategy and strategic category plans for EMEA (Category Strategic Plans, 5YP and AOP)
- Under guidance, develops the AOP for the assigned areas of spend (sub-cat / territory)
- As directed, performs external market research and supplier pre-qualification activities.
- Manage the collection of user requirements across all business units to inform Strategy Plans and Projects
- Proactively engages territory peers and leads to ensure territory requirements are met, local knowledge and relationships are leveraged, and Category strategy is applied consistently throughout the region
- Perform supplier selection activities in partnership with appropriate Business Unit and other procurement constituents
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Strategic Sourcing focusing on the total value of ownership
- Delivers to his individual cost savings targets and the teams targets
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends and conditions in the marketing space and understand how these affect suppliers, cost of goods/services, pricing, and the resulting impact to clients
- Use market knowledge and data analysis to identify savings opportunities and contribute to a future pipeline of opportunities that meet category specific targets
- Utilise commodity specialists within the Business Units and elsewhere within sourcing for market knowledge and product expertise
- Interact with and influence stakeholders across the business and territories
- Ensure compliance with sourcing policies, company standards and best practices
- Leverage global scale and adhere to global categories where applicable
- Proven experience in a similar role in blue chip FMCG, Media, Entertainment, Pharmaceutical or similar companies with regional or multinational responsibilities
- Experience in one or more of the core categories of Marketing spend
- Experience supporting the development and implementation of sourcing strategies and leading supplier negotiations
- Ability to identify/solicit key stakeholder needs and develop solutions to address their needs
- Ability to effectively communicate strategic value of sourcing to key stakeholders across multiple BUs
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills and the ability to manage a range of sometimes competing stakeholder interests and expectations
- Ability to analyse complex data and use this to develop sourcing opportunities
- Ability to apply market knowledge to sourcing projects to create extra value for stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of procurement practices and sourcing/ trends and dynamics
- Fluent in English and one other regional language preferred
- Bachelor degree – preferably MBA or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of Finance
- Good understanding of legal aspects related to procurement contracts
- Professional certification – ideally completed or in process of studying for CIPS or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.