Senior Product Development Manager ( Softline ) - 6 month FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 10040451 Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 15, 2023
Job Summary :
The purpose of the role is to lead the design, development, and approval process of all products within relevant category for the EMEA region.
This role will require you to be onsite 4 days a week
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Engineer consumer centric, segmented, cohesive worldwide product line by brand
- Work closely with commercial senior management team and product development teams across all relevant categories
- Set and oversee the management of departmental critical paths and calenderisation, in line with the business brief and KPIs with particular attention to design development timelines and deliverables with partners
- Manage across licensed and Direct to Retail (DTR) creative product development departments from concept through to final approved product and assess pre and post quality delivery. Mitigate risk, ensuring product is fit for purpose and viable to go to market
- Develop and manage the creative output from licensees, driving a strong innovation agenda through product creation, ensuring brand consistency, storytelling and compelling execution within a commercial context
- Identify new product opportunities, produce first class conceptual designs and pitch to prospective/existing partners
- Establish and maintain relationships with retailers, internal stakeholders/partners and global and international creative teams
- Against set key criteria, be responsible for reporting and analysis on a weekly and monthly basis reporting for KPI with full visibility of the critical path and calenders to management and providing direction to the senior management team and directors at the appropriate times
- Ensure earned revenue is achieved by setting initiatives to exceed targeted KPIs on quality and on time approvals
- Manage and develop team, ensuring consistent and appropriate direction and feedback is given on all product submissions
- Manage and execute where required, the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner. Work with a right first time appraoch
- Lead all design projects (e.g. product toolkits, product pitches, inspiration boards) within category, utilising internal and external resources as required
The Experience We Require From You:
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Proven commercial design experience related to relevant category, essential, with the ability to brief and manage external/internal designers and/or agencies
- Packaging experience, desirable
- Previous experience managing and developing the performance of a creative product team, essential
- Experience within a consumer products commercialisation environment
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments
- A strong understanding of vendor capabilities, production leadtimes and manufacturing in the industry
- Flexibility for occasional UK, European or international travel may be required
- Contribution to ad-hoc projects as the business requires
- Flexible hours may be required to meet business needs
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.