Senior Product Manager, EMEA, APAC & Japan: Content PlatformsApply NowApply Later Job ID 915446BR Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 11, 2022
You should be aware of the business and technology trends in Media and Entertainment, preferably with experience in system integrations.
- Discovery & Documentation: Interview business partners to understand their processes and needs and translate those into executable product strategies.
- Communication: Engage business partners on a regular basis for process flow documentation, requirement gathering, and requirement clarification. Must have a strong understanding of technical methodologies and be able to communicate requirements to technology teams. Provides periodic updates/presentations on roadmaps and initiatives to DMED Technology leadership and business partners.
- Strategy & Planning: Work with key business and technology partners to understand current processes and define future state strategies and roadmaps, that drive efficiency and leverage DMED Technology on a global scale. Work as an individual contributor to execute product strategy in collaboration with Design, Engineering, and other functional areas. Partner with other product owners to ensure individual systems achieve larger, holistic business needs.
- User Stories/Backlog: Write epics and user stories, as well as plans and prioritizes the feature backlog and delivery roadmap.
- Change Management: Work with business partners to resolve any issues and mitigate risks. Facilitates cross-team collaboration in an effort to identify business process solutions and/or opportunities that help the business realize its objectives.
Basic Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience conducting business partner discussions to define functional requirements, with a progression in complexity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to distill information accurately and convey it (verbally and/or written) to business partners and internal technology teams
- Demonstrated experience collaborating across functional teams
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with impeccable follow-through
- Strong prioritization and organization skills with experience juggling time-sensitive requests from multiple business partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and matrixed organization, executing on several initiatives concurrently while balancing competing priorities
- Expertise in the entertainment industry (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.