Senior Product ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 959461BR Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 08, 2022
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for applying business and systems knowledge in reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational and technological opportunities to improve efficiency and effectively contribute to the definition of new solutions and improvements to existing systems.
- Lead defined projects and assist other project managers on the delivery of projects related to operational business functions and process or system improvements
- Collaborate with EMEA business stakeholders to understand their needs and identify opportunities for technology change to drive efficiencies, create roadmaps and strategies that leverage DPEP Technology systems and tools
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of technical methodologies and requirements gathering, and be able to communicate requirements to business and technical stakeholders
- Participate in sprint planning and prioritisation, facilitating user test cycles and lead retrospectives
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders to develop epics and user stories, prioritising the product backlog and delivery roadmap
- Partner with other product managers and owners in the markets to ensure individual systems achieve larger, holistic business needs
- Proactively suggest ways to improve the team performance by standardising processes and leveraging standard technological tools where applicable
- Maintain strong relationships with regional and global technology and digital partners, to collaboratively define and deliver improvements
- Proactively build a deep understanding of the business systems and processes across the whole portfolio, not just those systems for which this role is the regional technical owner of
- Lead by example when supervising members of the team, guide them to understand and adopt globally agreed methodologies and ways of working
- Actively supervise the team in the absence of the Business Relationship Manager
Training and Professional Development
- Operate with integrity, champion change and be a good ambassador for the Walt Disney Company
- Operate as part of an effective and inclusive team by demonstrating an awareness of others; welcoming and valuing unique perspectives and ideas; offering support, sharing knowledge and best practices in order to contribute to overall departmental commitments
- Take ownership of your professional development through regular career conversations with your line manager and utilising available resources such as D Learn, instructor-led courses and on the job learning
- Build links with other TWDC functions to develop broader knowledge of the business
- Promote and maintain an inclusive workplace, championing diversity and inclusion and make use of available resources to extend knowledge and best practice
- Contribute to maintaining and enhancing the standard of training and development, encouraging participation so that everyone has the tools and resources to do their role effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrable experience of operating within a similar role with proven experience of building effective relationships and managing stakeholders within a large, multi-national, matrix organisation
- Proven experience operating within the standard project management methodologies
- Understanding of contract administration and financial principles, preferable
- Experience of using JIRA, Confluence and Service Now for incident and change management, preferable
- SOX control awareness
- Previous experience of supervising team members beneficial
Additional Information:Skills Required:
- Proficient in task and project management, adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communicator, strong influencing skills with the ability to collaborate, build relationships and achieve buy-in at all levels of the business
- Exceptional levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively and with autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments with speed, accuracy, and quality
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.