Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Research Analyst, MediaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708457BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Media Networks Date posted Sep. 26, 2019
In the context of an ever changing media landscape the purpose of the Senior Analyst, Research and Insight, is to support the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) networks with audience and performance insights and marketplace context across content and viewing trends from linear and non-linear platforms. The role will be dedicated to the factual genre and cover all aspects of viewing and consumption of factual contents that is primarily created and distributed by the National Geographic brands.
As a specialist within the specific genre, this role supports the overall regional insights as well as specific support for the UK business. National Geographic makes a wide range of factual programming including documentaries, animal and geographic shows, popular science, history and other factual subgenres as well as some drama series.
This role plays an important role in a wider team of factual specialists that are dedicated to commissioning, developing, acquiring, marketing and scheduling the best possible factual contents based on relevant audience insights produced by the research and insights team.
This role will support the Senior Research Manager for the factual genre, and work in partnership with the overall Media Networks Research and Insight team.
- Providing insights for the Network business broadly, marketing and programming through analysis and interpretation of consumer research and audience measurement across linear and non- linear platforms
- Supporting the Senior Research Manager in running primary research projects to understand audience viewing behaviours
- Demonstrate expertise around the business in the factual genre - audiences behaviour and trends and TV channels and content performance
- Use internal and external data sources to undertake analysis, identifying key themes and making recommendations as appropriate to more senior marketing or business stakeholders.
- Working with local market research teams within E&A, sharing best practice and guidance where applicable
- Liaise with global research teams and represent the E&A perspectives to ensure that insights support the business at both a global and E&A level
- Ensure specific insights support the local UK business
- Build independent relationships across functions focused on the factual genre
- Highly numerate and excellent analytical skills, including data manipulation
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to manipulate large data sets
- Knowledge and experience of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Excellent organisational, written and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build clear insight from analysis & presentation of research data from a variety of sources
- Experience within a broadcaster or media research consultancy setting
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with data visualisation, databases and analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, SQL, Access)
- Experience in TV audience measurement tools, e.g. TechEdge, Instar Analytics (Infosys),
- A general interest in the factual and documentary programme genre
- Knowledge of the Factual TV landscape (not essential)
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.