Senior Research ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 745436BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 11, 2020
The Disney+ team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded Senior Research Manager to join our Disney+ team, as well as to be a key member of the Europe and Africa Media Research & Insights function. The purpose of the role is to champion the voice of the consumer and bring a deep understanding of E&A audience needs, behaviours and attitudes into the business, and specifically how this drives customer acquisition and retention for our Disney+ business.
This role will leverage excellent communication skills, synthesise insights from a range of primary and secondary research conducted or acquired from either across TWDC, or specifically within the Direct to Consumer division.
This is a pivotal, central role within the Disney+ E&A business, which will work in collaboration with our global insight teams in the US as well as local European markets and will crucially add landscape, competitive, audience and content insights & context to our business planning and execution.
Responsibilities:Based on a holistic understanding of business issues, this role provides objective, insight centred recommendations to E&A stakeholders to help understand performance and context
- Responsible in ensuring the team understands audience content needs, motivations and viewing behaviours across the wider competitor landscape within this region
- Leverages insights to help build out audience segmentation framework and integrate into marketing, content and programming plans
- Provides in depth knowledge of Disney+ content, and how it maps to audience segments, preferences and behaviours
- Provides insight to underpin our Marketing effectiveness including partnerships, campaign planning, development and evaluation
- Works collaboratively with the US Global Disney+ teams from both product and content side, by partnering on E&A projects, ensuring they reflect local nuance and consumer understanding
- Leads local D+ primary research initiatives including briefing, commissioning, managing and analysing primary research projects e.g. marketing effectiveness, creative testing
- Works collaboratively with TWDC E&A research teams, responsible for ensuring the range of projects – strategic initiatives, long running trackers as well as more tactical projects are reflecting Disney+ priorities where appropriate. Lead integration, synthesis and overall communication of these initiatives into the Disney+ teams
·Experience of delivering commercial value and accountability through customer insight
·Experience with a wide array of new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
·Highly quantitative and familiar with a broad range of analytical and market research techniques including attribution modelling and behaviour intention measures
·Able to identify and translate business issues into research needs
·Capable of creating a narrative with actionable recommendations from research data and insights
·Excellent stakeholder management with experience of dealing with senior level stakeholders
·Ability to develop longer term research plans within a strategic direction
·Able to provide advice and expert opinion to non-research partners
·Direct to consumer research & insights experience an asset
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.