Senior Solutions EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 799167BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 07, 2021
Customer Solutions Engineering (CSE) is seeking a Senior Solutions Engineer. You will be a Business Products team member with a passion for supporting world-class products and a relentless focus on shaping a stellar experience for users across multiple enterprise level platforms. We are an energetic group tasked with supporting applications including those for Content Streaming Services, Linear and Non Linear TV, Content Sales, Affiliate Management and Production Operations.
Responsibilities:You will require service leadership to drive the definition, planning, execution and monitoring of all service support activities, in partnership with our internal stakeholders and external technology vendors. You will act as the primary liaison between business users and technical personnel, ensuring timely resolution of issues and escalation of complex or critical business problems. You will also be the subject matter expert (SME) for related business applications, end to end technical landscapes and processes and will be accountable for identifying and mitigating risks to the service delivery and proactively addressing issues before they impact service levels. You will ensure the continual operational heath of the applications by responding to technical support issues, driving continual service improvement and collaborating with other support and development teams to deliver on the Business Products mission.
- Monitor service performance and recommend areas of focus for continuous improvement initiatives
- Own communication to product end users as directed by the Platform Product Team, including feature release notes, project-specific updates, and other general announcements
- Perform onboarding of new products and technical partners to the DMED Incident Management Tool and the CSE Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage configuration and release deployments
- Be the face of CSE BP in large cross-functional projects and launches, demonstrating an understanding of the roles and technologies involved and creating a smooth process for operational readiness and handover to support
- Take on Team lead responsibilities as directed by the Support Manager and cover absences for the Support Manager as required
- Analyze complex issues that arise and where possible fully resolve or implement work around. Where not possible, escalate to product, engineering or external vendors
- Experience of working on business products, including Broadcast Management, Programme Planning and Scheduling, Promo Management
- Understanding of end to end technical landscapes and business/broadcast processes within the Broadcast Management/Streaming Services spaces, from content acquisition to media registration and playout/offer publication
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies and practical experience working in cross-functional support engineering teams
- An experienced writer, whose style can range from operational guides to formal announcements to engaging updates
- Be conversant in modern technical concepts and engineering practices in order to participate in detailed story discussions or feature scoping
- Technical aptitude for understanding GIT, CI/CD, FTP/SFTP and HTML, CSS, JSON and XML structures, with the ability to set up, change or investigate mapping logic
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Disney+ annual subscription
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Excellent parental leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women@Disney, Disney Diversity, Disney Pride, T.R.U.S.T.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.