Senior Systems Engineer London, United KingdomApply NowApply Later Job ID oGLPcfwc Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jun. 08, 2020
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role will be open in the near future, but we are not actively hiring for the position.
If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume.
You’d be joining a seasoned group that collaborates to support a broad set of production technologies critical in the physical and post-production workflows that bring our films, TV and animated series to life.
- Actively monitor, maintain and specify computer servers.
- Actively monitor, maintain and specify computer workstations.
- Monitor, maintain and specify internal networks.
- Monitor, maintain and specify externally facing networks.
- Maintain user accounts. Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Perform a range of tasks to ensure the highest level of security across the digital systems at ILM.
- Analyse, debug, isolate and remedy issues.
- Manage day to day operations such as deployments, networking changes, etc.
- Work cooperatively with the Technology team and with the wider set of colleagues at all ILM sites.
- Provide ad-hoc support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports as required
Education / Experience
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent
- Previous system administration experience required.
- Network administration experience required.
- Proven experience required across Linux, OSX and Windows platforms.
- Strong experience required across AD, DNS, DHCP, NIS , LDAP.
- Experience with VM configuration.
- Experience with configuration management systems eg. Ansible, Salt, CFEngine, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange administration.
- Linux command line and scripting skills eg. Bash/Csh/Python/Perl/etc.
- Provide direct user support when necessary, which includes hardware, software and peripherals.
- Good knowledge of operating system internals.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter with exceptional organization skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and continually re-prioritise tasks
- Detailed and methodical approach to trouble shooting and resolving issues
- Team player who will strive to maximize team/department performance
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with high-performance storage systems eg. Isilon, NetApp, etc.
- Experience with disk and tape backup technologies eg. NetBackup, etc.
- Familiar with cloud and web technologies eg. AMS, Apache, Nginx, etc.
- Content creation packages eg. Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Photoshop, etc.
- Blade servers and distributed rendering systems
- Blade workstations, Teradici portals etc.
- Licensing software eg. FlexLM, RLM, etc.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.