Small Ships Expeditions LeaderApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734757BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Media Networks Date posted Jan. 17, 2020
National Geographic has established a travel business in the USA and are intent on extending their brand by selling travel globally and are in the process of creating teams to sell outbound travel in Asia Pacific, Latin America and Europe & Africa.
This role will be responsible for maintaining excellent relationships with existing and new partners to extend the product range and ensure all travel products are on brand and provide the customer with an experience ‘through the eyes of National Geographic’. This is a permanent opportunity based in Hammersmith, London.
Core products include Small Ship Expeditions, Ocean and River Cruising, Private Jet Adventures, Escorted Tour Operating, Tailor-made tour operating, and luxury Eco-lodges.
Our brand values are authentic, sustainable, enriching, cultural and inspiring. Our Unique Benefits are Knowledge; Access; and Giving Back.
- Ensure the smooth running of the relationship between National Geographic Expeditions and Operator Partners
- Work with Operator Partners and Regional teams to plan and develop Expedition itineraries that deliver experiences in line with the Nat Geo brand and achieve revenue targets for both Europe & Africa plus Asia-Pacific
- Ensure all itineraries are signed off in line with National Geographic Product specifications and security protocols
- To provide management oversight of 120 cruises over 3 years
- Work with Operator Partners to deliver a consistent National Geographic brand and customer experience to include facilitation and sourcing of consumer products, TV and Film programming, magazines and books
- Work with our US office to source talent (Explorers and Photographers) to enhance and enrich the National Geographic itineraries
- Ensure local country offices utilise all NG distribution channels to drive direct response and brand campaigns for NG products to include creative, media planning and response tracking
- Help support travel trade and third party partnerships to sell itineraries
- In conjunction with Operator Partners, provide regular sales reports
- Ensure all itineraries and their status are updated in internal systems
- Ensure financial reporting and payment processes are in place
- Help support implementing local booking infrastructure to enable trade and consumer booking and ensure consistent branding
- Ensure both parties deliver on the terms of the contract at all times
Skills & Experience
- Proven cruise industry experience, ideally within expedition sector
- Cruise product development experience, with understanding/ insight of on- board customer experience, ship operations or itinerary planning within the expedition/ adventure market
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Ability to influence at a variety of management levels and present to 3rd parties
- Proven account management experience
- Ideally experience across a variety of international markets
- Understanding of websites and/or brochure production processes
- Ability to work independently within an embryonic and entrepreneurial culture
Travel to Marseille and other Regional offices will be required.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.