Social Media Specialist (freelance)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 747730BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
The successful candidate will be a social media native comfortable with using Photoshop, and someone with impeccable grammar who pays attention to the finer details.
The Social Media Specialist’s key responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing content that supports ESPN’s social media strategy
- Designing graphics and editing videos for ESPN’s social media channels
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day curation of ESPN’s social media channels
- Editing video content during live football matches
- Reacting to breaking news stories in an accurate and engaging way
- Planning for key events in the sports calendar
Skills & Experience
- An excellent working knowledge of all the major social media platforms
- Experience producing social media content for a large sports brand, media outlet or team
- A track record of creating content that flies on social media
- A good understanding of social media analytics
- An excellent working knowledge of Photoshop and Premiere Pro/Final Cut X
- The ability to be fun and exciting on every social media platform
- The ability to multi-task and work to a high standard under tight deadlines
- An excellent knowledge of football and US sports
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.