Social Responsibility Analytics CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 808751BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 16, 2021
To support the delivery of the Social Responsibility (SR) strategy and framework, including Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) activity throughout the year. The Coordinator will help guide business teams and those with a Social Responsibility remit across all EMEA markets with a main focus on Social Impact Measurement, helping to achieve best fit by using defined guidelines and toolkits.
In order to demonstrate Disney’s contribution to society and communicate the incredible impact we bring to people’s lives, it’s essential that we have a coordinated approach to capturing, recording, reporting and communicating activity that takes place across our Region.
The Social Responsibility function is required to demonstrate outputs, outcomes and impacts for various stakeholders across the year – some to meet legal obligations. It will be the Coordinator’s responsibility to ensure our teams across the whole of our Region have the right guidance to know what to capture, and ensure necessary data and information is collected as needed from across the region.
In addition to the main focus, the Coordinator’s other responsibility will be supporting the Social Responsibility function as a whole by coordinating and implementing global ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) guidelines into local practices. Working Regional SR team and with various internal stakeholders and groups focused on Responsibility Business activity, the coordinator will ensure deliverables are aligned within the global goals and captured and recorded as defined by TWDC policy team. The remit of the coordinator in this area will be defined by the SR Manager to help with prioritisation.
Responsibilities:The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Manager with the creation of Social, Environment and Governance Impact Measurement frameworks. Overseeing the implementation and maintenance of these frameworks across EMEA
- Ownership of all toolkit creation supported by the wider team
- Responsible for managing, and reporting of mandatory information into Impact Measurement and Governance databases such as Hei Hei and Cybergrants, as well as any other Impact driven platforms
- Supporting the Manager with design of principles of engagement for charitable partners across EMEA.
- Work with the senior team to develop output, outcome and impact measurement toolkits and best practices to promote consistency across all campaigns and activations
- Responsible for pre-campaign or activation evaluation and approval, as well as collating end of campaign or activation impact measurements
- Working with business teams to ensure brand, tone, assets and content is on-message across campaigns and activations in alignment with approved SR guidelines and toolkits
- Ownership of reporting on tracking tools to provide Impact Measurement data
- Supporting the Manager to collate and present detailed UK and EMEA outputs and social impact reports using a variety of presentation tools, data sources and agreed measurement tools
- Managing communications across the region regarding social impact measurement data
- Developing and managing an internal and external comms plan focused on Social Impact Measurement data
- Providing support for Audit Management and Global Compliance Reviews in terms of data management and reporting transparency
- Identifying trends in data and raising concerns/making recommendations to senior team
- Working to ensure charitable partners uphold agreed principles of engagement throughout partnership period
- Representing Disney on appropriate external network and forum groups, sharing best practice and building up knowledge transfer for Disney
- Assess campaigns for reputational risk and escalate any concerns to the Manager, where they need support beyond standard guidance and principles given in toolkit
Line Management & Team Work
- Supporting the EMEA & members with a Social Purpose and ESG remit on any ad-hoc tasks and advisory projects including participation in network groups and forums
- Support the guidance, motivation and development of SR interns
- Supporting the senior team with the rollout of the SR framework including Global ESG Goals
Report to Social Responsibility Manager, EMEA.
- First line support for internal business teams and those who have a Social Responsibility remit within EMEA, providing them with guidance through the use of approved SR & ESG toolkits and clarity on what information is required and when.
- Accountable for quality of data and information gathered from EMEA markets for reporting and stakeholder updates.
Basic Qualifications:The Experience We Require From You:
- Experience working in either third sector or a commercial environment as an ESG general practitioner or a particular field. E.g. Environmental, Diversity & Inclusion or Community/Charitable Giving
- Hands on experience within Social Responsibility to a level where can competently support the business on Social Impact Measurement driven aspects of CSR/ESG without support.
- Experience in data management, including creation of data gathering processes/frameworks, data analytics and data management information systems.
- Experience of working with a Project Management team
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.