Already applied?View Dashboard
Softlines DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 592108BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Sep. 11, 2018
More details about the role:
The successful candidate will enhance and grow the Disney Store softlines business through outstanding trend and consumer-right commercial, creative solutions, keeping our character equity and storytelling front of mind, helping to build the softlines business and increase visibility overall of the wider Disney Brand.
- Work with the Design Manager to enable the growth of the Softlines business and Disney franchises through producing innovative creative
- Work closely with the buying team, using a pragmatic approach to design into day and sleepwear programs, with garments and graphics targeting all consumer bases from core to trend, younger to older, ensuring a wide and inclusive appeal with an emphasis on premium application execution
- Design into both female and male products to ensure design team collaboration and freshness of perspectives using flexible approach in design styles to suit a broad range of consumer tastes
- Working mainly on Illustrator and Photoshop, deliver trend research and mood direction, create highly representative CADs with full graphic development to include technically correct patterns and placements with commercial innovation
- Produce full technical garment and artwork factory packs, detailing proposed features in a clear and well thought out layout
- Develop a rooted sense of the different Guest profiles at TDSE, and seek new customer opportunities
- Confidently present trend and designs in formal and informal settings, delivering sound reasoning of the creative work
- Maintain full compliance with corporate guidelines and demonstrate commitment to producing work, ensuring character and design consistency and integrity
- Demonstrate outstanding awareness of the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) marketplace through trade shows and comp shops, constantly seeking out fresh ideas and creative solutions to drive newness
- Contribute to supplier meetings and design briefing meetings, demonstrating an ability to deputise for Design Manager if required
- Contribute through brainstorming and ideation within the wider EMEA creative community through team projects
Please note all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in place.
Ability to create a storyline that integrates TWDC characters into trends inventively
Commercially astute and able to translate new concepts into marketable, saleable product with a good understanding of the TDSE Store environment
A good eye for detail with an ability to also look at the bigger picture taking into account TDSE business strategy
Ability to collaborate at all levels to achieve joint goals as well as able to use own initiative on projects to seek new opportunities
An open and transparent communication style with demonstrable emotional intelligence
Ability to work within an environment demanding both bureaucratic and flexible approaches
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store (UK) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.