Already applied?View Dashboard
Sourcing Specialist - Sourcing & ProcurementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 615075BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 26, 2018
Job Summary:We have an opportunity for a Sourcing Specialist to join Disney’s Direct to Consumer and International (DTCI) Sourcing & Procurement team. This opportunity is a permanent position based in our EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London.
The successful candidate will be involved in sourcing initiatives across a range of spend areas, including but not limited to marketing, professional services, facilities, HR services and technology focused primarily on the EMEA markets.
The Sourcing Specialist will be part of a team responsible for sourcing activities, with a focus on client management, category management, and technical solutions. This role will be responsible for executing sourcing initiatives, including market assessments, RFP development, bid strategies, supplier negotiation and contract development for assigned projects.
The scope of this role will include conducting demand management analysis, supplier performance analysis and will be responsible for identifying and capturing cost savings.
There will be strategic involvement involved in this role contributing to the 5 year and annual planning cycles.
- Perform external market research and supplier pre-qualification activities
- Manage the collection of stakeholder requirements across all business units
- Perform supplier selection activities in partnership with appropriate Business Unit and other procurement constituents
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations
- Contribute to delivery of team and individual cost savings targets
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends and conditions and understand how these affect suppliers, cost of goods/services, pricing, and the resulting impact to stakeholders
- Use market knowledge and data analysis to identify savings opportunities and contribute to a future pipeline of opportunities that meet specific targets
- Utilise category specialists within the Business Units and elsewhere within Sourcing for market knowledge and product expertise
- Interact with and influence stakeholders across the business
- Provide Sourcing support to other territories as needed
- Ensure compliance with sourcing policies and best practices
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices and continuously improve professional skills and technical expertise
Areas of Accountability
- The Sourcing Specialist will report to Senior Manager, Sourcing and Procurement, who will manage the Sourcing Specialist’s day-to-day work activities and responsibilities
- The Sourcing Specialist will be accountable for Sourcing activity for specific assigned projects.
Skills and Experience
- Experience purchasing services across a wide range of indirect spend categories in organisation(s) with a strong record of procurement
- Experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies and leading supplier negotiations
- Experienced in applying market knowledge to sourcing projects to create extra value for stakeholders
- Experience identifying stakeholder needs and developing solutions to address their needs
- Demonstrable experience leading projects and driving them to conclusion against a backdrop of sometimes competing stakeholder interests and expectations
- Some experience of cross border procurement would be desirable
- Strong knowledge of procurement practices and sourcing/supply chain trends and dynamics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, professional certification advantageous – completed or in process of studying for Chartered Institute of Purchasing qualification.
- Good understanding of finance processes and savings methodologies.
- Good understanding of legal aspects related to procurement contracts.
- Ability to analyse complex data and use this to develop sourcing opportunities
- Ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders across multiple Lines of Business and multiple markets
- Knowledge of Ariba sourcing tools is desirable
- Knowledge of some of the strategic challenges facing the media and entertainment sector is desirable. An appetite to learn and apply this knowledge is essential
Willingness to travel (as necessary)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).