Sourcing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 865758BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 24, 2021
As a key member of the Sourcing and Procurement Team, the Sourcing Specialist role will contribute to enable The Walt Disney Company in EMEA to strategically manage its third party spend, leveraging Sourcing and Category expertise, compliance with company standards, risk management, and captured P&L impact.
Strategic Sourcing provide commercial support and insights to the numerous stakeholders across the various Disney businesses.
This Sourcing Specialist role is part of the Professional Services & General Services Category team, which focuses on the EMEA Region and the UK spend.
“Value” or “Total Value Contribution” includes financial, risk management and the Company’s reputation preserving measures, such as compliance with Company standards and polices, compliance with Company’s code of conduct, IP protection, Personal Data protection.
Responsibilities:The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Ensures highest professional and ethical standards, and positively impacts the Sourcing reputation. Ambassador for the values, vision and mission of Strategic Sourcing.
- Responsible to build and maintain the partnership with internal and external stakeholders for the assigned areas of spend.
- Responsible for the application of the Sourcing Strategy and execution of the assigned projects for the category or territory.
- Full compliance with sourcing policies, company standards and best practices.
- Responsible to contribute (under guidance) to building the AOP for the territory / category. Providing spend analysis as instructed and collaborating on planning and validating the projects for the AOP.
- Supports the Buy Centre activity by providing information on request.
- Supports as instructed reviews of non-compliance spends and collaborates to drive compliance with corporate standards as well as BC compliance, establishing action plans with stakeholders.
- Supports external market research and supplier pre-qualification activities as assigned.
- For the assigned projects, manages the collection of user requirements.
- Perform supplier selection activities for local projects in partnership with appropriate Business Unit and other procurement constituents
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations under guidance
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Strategic Sourcing focusing on the total value of ownership, for approval
- Contribute to delivery of team’s cost savings targets
- Use market knowledge and data analysis to identify savings opportunities and contribute to a future pipeline of opportunities that meet targets
- Interact with and influence assigned stakeholders across the business
Basic Qualifications:The Experience We Require From You:
- Procurement experience in a multinational environment, ideally in Media or FMCG industry.
- Proven expertise in indirect/ services procurement
- Experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies and leading supplier negotiations
- Ability to identify/solicit key stakeholder needs and propose solutions to address their needs
- Ability to effectively communicate strategic value of sourcing to key stakeholders across multiple BUs
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills and the ability to manage a range of sometimes competing stakeholder interests and expectations
- Ability to analyze complex data and use this to develop sourcing opportunities
- Ability to apply market knowledge to sourcing projects to create extra value for stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of procurement practices and sourcing/supply chain trends and dynamics
- Bachelor degree.
- Good understanding of legal aspects related to procurement contracts.
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.