Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Product Development Manager, Home & StationeryApply Now Apply Later Job ID 526419BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Disney Licensing Date posted 04/04/2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the permanent position of Senior Product Development Manager within or Home and Stationery business, based in Hammersmith London.
The successful candidate will lead the design, development, and approval process of all Home and Stationery products for the EMEA region.
- Develop and manage the creative output from licensees ensuring product innovation, brand consistency and compelling execution within a commercial context
- Identify new product opportunities, produce first class conceptual designs and pitch to prospective/existing partners
- Establish and maintain relationships with retailers, line of business partners and global and international creative teams
- Manage and develop the regional Home and Stationery product development team, ensuring consistent, appropriate creative direction & feedback is given on all product submissions
- Manage, and execute where required, the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner
- Ensure all licensee product submissions are routed through Disney’s Online Product Approval system (OPA) as per global product integrity guidelines
- Ensure licensees are provided appropriate creative assets for product development
- Manage creative relationships with Home and Stationery Halo partners, providing inspiration and ensuring product is brand appropriate and adheres to Disney guidelines
- Offer creative input and trend direction to inspire licensees/retailers and help drive quality product
- Run ideation sessions with licensees/retailers to drive product innovation
- Lead all design projects (e.g. product toolkits, product pitches, inspiration boards) within your category, utilising internal and external resources as required
- Ensure all new and existing licensees/retailers are trained and kept up to date on the Disney brand, property portfolio, creative assets and approval systems
- Determine market trends and use to drive creative strategy, identify new areas of business and establish design requirements
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of Disney’s characters, films, properties, heritage and creative assets in order to assist in their usage on consumer products
- Support the needs of the wider team at regional, local and global level as required
- Build relationships across other business units
- Degree level (or equivalent) educated in relevant design field
- Proven commercial Home design experience essential, preferably within an established Homewares/Bedding manufacturer
- Previous experience of managing a creative team essential
- Ability to brief and manage external/internal designers and/or agencies
- 2nd European language an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office
Additional Information:Some European travel may be required.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.