Strategic Analyst EMEA – Marketing & Sales (DDI)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 737669BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
- achieve the revenue, attendance and room night goals for Walt Disney World Resort in Florida (WDW) and the booking, revenue and per diem goals for Disney Cruise Line (DCL).
- be responsible for delivering business analytics and intelligence to support building successful marketing and sales strategies which will direct the WDW and DCL business in UK and O-EMEA. Key topics include business mapping and pacing analysis, macroeconomics, market and travel industry analysis, target audience work, product positioning, message hierarchy development, pricing and promotion impact analysis and long term planning. The role also includes delivery and optimisation of regular reporting, campaign analysis and learnings development, work on business and executive presentations as well as consumer insights projects. The role spans across both WDW and DCL as well as the UK market and multiple O-EMEA markets.
- Business mapping and pacing analysis
- Analyse sales trends, impacting factors and help mapping out past and future business development
- Macroeconomics, market and travel industry analysis
- Gather insights on relevant markets, industry, competitors and overall travel industry trends as needed to answer strategic business planning questions
- Target audience work
- Support consumer segmentation and targeting work
- Product positioning support
- Support analysis around optimising product positioning per brand and region
- Message hierarchy
- Draw on insights and analytics to input into message hierarchy development
- Pricing and promotion impact analysis
- Deliver relevant analysis to understand impact of pricing decision and promotional offers
- Long term planning
- Contribute to long term planning projects with analysis, business mapping and scenario planning
- Produce Weekly Business Updates for WDW and DCL incorporating weekly headlines, market indicators and key metric updates
- Supply DCL Booking Patterns reports
- Supply WDW monthly ticket booking reports
- Campaign analysis and learnings
- Monitor campaign performance and identify any areas with issues to rectify
- Produce final performance analysis reports and develop recommendations for future campaigns
- Business and Executive presentations
- Support development of Annual planning decks
- Support development of regular market performance updates for Business Executives
- Support development of strategic project analysis and their presentation to drive growth for WDW and DCL
- Consumer insights research
- Manage regular insights studies (as brand tracker, visitation studies and guest satisfaction surveys) and develop results presentations for the team
- Provide support to all WDW and DCL research projects e.g. brief input, coordinating and analysing results.
- Provide ad-hoc support to strategy team whenever needed, especially in analytical areas
Basic Qualifications:-Proven work experience in a role with focus on data analytics as i.e. marketing strategy, business strategy, revenue management, finance, consumer research, consultancy or similar.
-Proven analytical experience in managing multiple data sources to create meaningful insights that support the development of business growth strategies.
-Large matrix organisation experience preferable.
-Ideally experience in a major multi-national marketing environment.
-Exceptional organizational, project management and communication skills.
-Proven ability to influence throughout relevant levels of a highly matrix organization.
-Very strong analytical and commercial skillset, with focus on accuracy.
-Positive team player.
-Consumer centric approach across all projects.
-Highly motivated and positive ‘Can Do’ attitude.
-Exceptional partnering skills as success in role requires effective relationships.
-Effective written and oral communication skills, strong in building impactful business presentations.
-Proficient in interpreting and drawing conclusions from market and internal data sources.
-Ability to prioritise multiple, often competing demands.
-Capable of operating at pace, often to tight deadlines, in an entrepreneurial and agile environment.
-Work cross-functionally across 2 different business areas.
-Strong presentation skills – written and verbal.
-Computer literate (particularly Excel, plus Word, PowerPoint, e-mail and SPSS).
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.