Already applied?View Dashboard
Studio CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667980BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted May. 14, 2019
Job Summary:Studio Coordinator
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Studio Coordinator to join a dynamic Facilities team, within one of the coolest Studios in London. The role has overall responsibility for ensuring exceptional service to all visitors, clients and crew of the studio. The role is responsible for ensuring an invigorating social events calendar as well as excellent working experience for staff. You will be responsible for Front of House / Reception area, meeting rooms as well as the overall visitor and crew experience with day to day task management of the Runner team.
- Supervising (up to 4) runners on different projects
- Workstation based at the reception desk greets visitors to the studio and manages the phone system – takes complete responsibility and ownership for the management of the front of house and the caller/visitor (including VIPs) experience ensuring this is carried out to the highest standards. Manages an effective rota on the Front desk as required depending on scheduled VIPs attending the studio.
- Has overall responsibility for the studio’s social responsibilities – Social Rebels group – project managing all events, creating and running project teams for each event and managing the budget with Manager
- Responsibility for booking and receiving international and domestic deliveries/shipments. Liaising with relevant departments and with counterparts in global studios. Tracks costs.
- Manages the meeting rooms including all bookings, efficiency, refreshments and ensuring they are maintained to a high standard throughout the working day with refreshments and consumables replaced as necessary by utilising the Runners. Knowledge of Blue Jeans and the conferencing systems, assist users with setting up their meetings etc.
- Day to day task management of the Runner team ensuring they are fully utilized and busy.
- Manages all travel bookings for general staff – up to date knowledge of the Travel and Expense Policy.
- Manages all car hire bookings and taxi booking as required. Tracks costs.
- Manage daily/weekly grocery/fruit orders – proactively stock check
- Manage studio stationery orders – proactively stock checks
- Assists with Camera kit hire
- Undertake ad-hoc purchasing
- Active member of the Studio newsletter team
- Proactively manages the look and feel of the studio by ensuring flagging issues to the management as required or using initiative and resource to resolve.
- Manages crew gear and production gift distribution as required
- Provide ad-hoc admin support as required.
- Strong previous administrative experience within a fast-paced, creative industry delivering high levels of service
- Experience of working on Reception (switchboard)
- Highly computer literate. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Outlook.
- Previous experience of organizing events and a social calendar
- High levels of self-organisation and proactivity, particularly during times of high workload and ambiguity
- High levels of self-motivation as will often need to get work done with little supervision
- Able to instinctively read the needs of the Studio (effectively use own initiative)
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise tasks
- High degree of common sense and practicality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerical – able to manage petty cash and provide 100% accurate petty cash reports weekly
- Outwardly demonstrates a positive, helpful and ‘can do’ attitude to work, always embracing tasks with an enthusiasm and drive to get things done
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and pace, e.g. answers phone quickly, gets visitors to their contacts at studio quickly
- Ability to manage and thrive within an ambiguous environment
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail when under pressure
- Experience of working within a US organisation beneficial
- Experience of project management beneficial
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Industrial Light & Magic (UK) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Industrial Light & Magic (UK) Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.