Already applied?View Dashboard
Supervisor, UK & EMEA Motion Picture OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 580808BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Date posted Aug. 06, 2018
Job Summary:We have a great opportunity for someone to join the Motion Picture Operations UK & EMEA team as a Supervisor for a 12 month fixed term contract.
This position is critical to the successful UK release of all Disney’s theatrical titles from an operational perspective. Planning and monitoring content and key fulfilment for the UK release of Pixar, Marvel, Lucas and Disney films.
This position also supports the production of the Audio Description and Hard of Hearing subtitle assets via Disney’s external vendors.
From time to time this role will also help out with EMEA title planning, liaising with Disney’s theatrical mastering vendors to create the localised versions for EMEA.
The candidate needs to be capable of building strong relationships both internally and externally across a number of departments in the UK and also with many external mastering and fulfilment vendors.
About the role:
- Working closely with UK Sales & Marketing and in partnership with EMEA title planners and the mastering and fulfilment vendors, ensure that the operations plan is followed and executed as agreed.
- Closely monitor and resolve content and key fulfilment issues as required.
- Provide technical support for UK event screenings as directed by line manager.
- Liaise with BBFC to censor Disney Feature films in advance of release.
- Coordinate with Burbank Ops, DCVI & the AD/HOH vendors to ensure these English language assets are created and delivered per the plan.
- Monitor & flag issues with vendor performance or existing processes to line manager. Implement changes as required.
- Assist with the development of process and fulfilment systems as required.
- Act as an ambassador and disseminator of content/process security best practice and protocol.
- Communication and active partnership is a core responsibility. It will be essential to ensure all stakeholders are aware of plans, issues, vendor/system/process/technical developments including:
- EMEA Studio Operations
- Studio IT
- UK Marketing, Sales, Creative, PR
- Mastering and Fulfilment Vendors.
- Picture and Sound Engineers
- Ability to assess and improve on processes to drive efficiencies is essential
- Digital Cinema experience is essential
- Knowledge and Experience of UK Cinema Industry a strong advantage
- Experience of working with complex systems and interacting with high volumes of transactional data
- Able to disseminate information fluidly and succinctly to partners within a matrix organisation
- Degree-level education
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively, both internally and externally, is critical
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Detail oriented approach to planning and ability to prioritise effectively
- Numerate, with a strong commercial analytical capability
- Process oriented with a natural inclination to find efficiencies
- Team oriented, flexible on working practices, builds strong working relationships quickly
- Competent with all Microsoft Office packages
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.