Technical Coordinator (12 month FTC)
Hammersmith, London, - - GBApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 692948BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 13/08/2019
Key Responsibilities :
- Account Manage content delivery to specific platforms, and across assigned projects.
- Use technical expertise and knowledge of formats, post production activities and different methods of delivery to choose the most cost effective, high quality means of servicing and supporting the customer.
- Negotiate timelines with external suppliers, track and co-ordinate projects.
- Proactively liaise with Sales to understand upcoming deals, sales initiatives and market dynamics.
- Regularly communicate with Clients/Platforms to understand their technology developments, and where we can target our service and content to add value.
- Work closely with Clients, Technical Manager and Onboarding team to test new delivery formats, onboard new platforms and assess associated costs as required.
- Contribute to the team, and collaborate on specific projects and opportunities to improve workflows.
- Review all assigned Deals to determine delivery requirements, priorities and identify costs.
- Co-ordinate end to end delivery of technical materials, and supplementary metadata to Clients.
- Research Library System to establish available elements and request movements as required.
- Raise accurate and timely internal and external orders.
- Update and maintain records to reflect current delivery status of materials and client specifications.
- Liaise with Clients, Content Management & Localisation team, Burbank or Vendors to resolve material rejections and co-ordinate repair work and replacement materials.
- Action recall notifications and update materials as required.
- Provide support to Clients and Vendors in the use of Disney and 3rd Party systems.
- Liaise with Library Management on proactive asset management.
- Push files via Digital delivery utilities as required.
- Ensure clients are recharged costs where appropriate via designated systems.
- Experience in TV Distribution/Post Production required
- Experience of File based and High Definition technology, New Media and electronic file delivery.
- Experience of working with New Media clients and platforms.
- Excellent project management skills and experience essential
- French language capability - Desirable
- High level of computer literacy essential
- Good knowledge of SAP a great advantage
- Cognos reporting skills an advantage
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Stays current on business issues, industry trends, and technological advances
- Interacts well with people who have different backgrounds and work styles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding.
- Conveys relevant information in a candid and timely manner
- Uses technology to facilitate better results
- Keeps commitments
- Ability to prioritise
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changes
- Remains productive despite uncertainty
- Earns the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and customers
- Treats others with respect
- Supports productivity and morale of the team
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.