Already applied?View Dashboard
Technical Operations Executive, Disney Media DistributionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 562840BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Date posted Jul. 18, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the permanent position of Technical Operations Executive, based in Hammersmith London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with platforms and the Content Distribution team to fully understand, test and on-board their technical delivery requirements.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent broadcast and non-linear technical knowledge, particularly around broadcast and digital formats, including video, audio and subtitles/timed text, knowledge of metadata and xml, along with delivery protocols. This individual will also be able to demonstrate great customer focus and strong communication skills. They will have experience of working directly with partners, post production vendors, managing projects, negotiating timelines and working within a team.
The role requires an aptitude and strong interest in new broadcast and digital technologies, the ability to understand complex technical requirements and workflows and excellent project management skills.
This individual will also be required to run a small technical QC suite plus providing support on general technical queries for the department.
- Account manage the on-boarding of new platforms, establishing technical delivery requirements and liaising with third parties and internal stakeholders to test and agree those requirements.
- Ensuring client specifications are valid and up to date on variety of Disney systems.
- Work closely with channel operations in coordination of client on-boards on internal servicing systems.
- Use technical expertise, knowledge of file formats, post production activities and different methods of delivery to choose the most cost effective, high quality means of servicing and supporting the distribution business and customers.
- Manage the creation of sales screeners, and small internal technical QC suite.
- Provide technical support to the team, to help resolve technical queries and trouble shoot rejections.
- Negotiate timelines with external suppliers, track and co-ordinate projects.
- Proactively liaise with departmental colleagues and Sales to understand upcoming deals, sales initiatives and market dynamics.
- Regularly communicate with Clients/Platforms to understand their technology developments, and where we can target our services and content to add value.
- Work closely with clients and the Senior Manager to test new delivery formats, look for new technology solutions and assess associated costs as required.
- Proactively research new and relevant technology developments.
- Contribute to the team, and collaborate on specific projects and opportunities to improve workflows.
- Review all assigned on-boarding projects to determine delivery requirements, timelines and costs.
- Establish clear communication directly with the platforms to engage in discussion on their requirements.
- Actively manage projects, and update colleagues and clients on progress, milestones and timelines.
- Provide transcoding support to junior staff responsible for creating screener materials for sales.
- Provide Technical support to colleagues, helping to resolve queries and technical rejections.
- Liaise regularly with external vendors to understand their technical capabilities.
- Setup and provide support to Clients and Vendors in the use of Disney and 3rd Party systems.
- Represent Distribution Operations within broader Company meetings as required.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Maintain a strong awareness of technical developments in the linear & non-linear media space.
- Drive to continually develop knowledge of the product slate, media types and the territories, including customers & market dynamics.
- Provide support and training for Distribution Operations colleagues as required.
- Ensure other departments are familiar with our role, and how to access relevant information.
- Participate in systems testing and contribute suggestions for workflow and systems improvement.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues under the ‘Buddy’ scheme.
- Adhere to Core Values and Behaviours.
- Proven experience in Post Production, Digital Media or Distribution required.
- In-depth and thorough knowledge of video, audio, metadata. Experience with manifest packaging (ADI, CableLabs, Movielabs, etc) preferred.
- Experience with video storage and streaming platforms (including but not limited to OTT, STB, IPTV, VOD, Mobile etc).
- Demonstrable understanding of XML, verifying, standards and troubleshooting. Experience with XSLT preferred.
- Familiar with a wide range of access services deliverables including closed captions, subtitle formats and technologies (DFXP/EBU-TT, STL, OGG, RTF, DVB etc)
- Good understanding of transit and peering relationships with a firm knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP topology.
- Experienced working with a range of DAM/MAM systems.
- Familiarity with Auto-QC systems (e.g. Interra Baton, Digimetrics Aurora, Cerify) and establishing profiles if needed.
- Experienced with a number of NLE’s including FCP and Premiere Pro CC.
- Good understanding of hardware signal I/Os.
- Some understanding of CDN infrastructure preferred.
- Some knowledge of databases preferred.
- Familiar with Windows/OSX.
- Excellent project management skills and experience essential
- Experience of working within a team environment required.
- Knowledge of SAP and Cognos reporting an advantage.
Additional Information:Some European travel may be required.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.