Technical Support Specialist London, United KingdomApply NowApply Later Job ID opEscfwr Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 23, 2020
Industrial Light & Magic, London are seeking a Technical Support Specialist to join the Infrastructure team to work onsite/remote for our busy Vfx/CGI studio.
The Technical Support Specialist provides high-performance operations support in a busy user environment. The position focuses on troubleshoot, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows, SCCM, Centos Linux, MAC OSX, VMware, MS Office, e-mail, Internet connections, and hardware/peripherals IT systems and support their users in an efficient, professional, courteous, and prompt manner.
- Efficient installation and configuration of software as well as troubleshoot and repair of malfunctioning software in a Linux and Windows environment.
- Manage end user expectations and systems issues using technical and client service skills.
- Manage the fundamentals of IT security protocol (account administration, etc.)
- In association with Production Engineers, install and configure software as well as troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning software in the PC environment.
- Administer mail systems, system installation and configuration, printing systems, installation of third-party software.
- Setup and upgrade computer systems in a networked environment with minimum end user interruption.
- Properly integrate devices such as printers, scanners, and digitizing tablets with Linux, Macintosh and Windows systems.
- Proactively analyze existing processes, identify areas for improvement and propose achievable solutions.
- Actively participate in ongoing process creation, improvement discussions and projects in both an individual and group setting.
- Manage break-fix expectations with staff and effectively communicate changes accordingly.
- Research and recommend hardware and software solutions as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair, or arrange for repair of defective computer equipment.
- Effectively communicate status of issues and projects in progress to concerned parties on a timely basis.
- Identify and recommend solutions to technical issues as needed.
- Document and communicate system support issues with end users, IT staff, and management.
- Perform special projects as needed.
Education / Experience
- Solid experience of desktop support in a fast-paced production environment.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Excellent understanding of technology and the role of the client in relation to the larger IT infrastructure.
- Strong skills in Linux operating systems (CentOS primarily) and/or Macintosh operating system (OSX). Command line experience required. Remote management and scripting experience helpful.
- Experience supporting 3D artists and software developers or working in a creative environment a plus.
- Able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers and customers.
- Excellent technical, verbal and written skills.
- Self-starter, energetic, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Team player that strives to maximize team/department performance.
- Detail-oriented and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Able to manage time effectively, triage and prioritize based on production needs.
- A+ Certification or MCDST Certification is a plus.
- Regular heavy lifting of computer hardware
- Must be willing to participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.undefined
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.