Territory Sourcing & Procurement Manager (Nordics, CEE & South Africa)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 729014BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 12, 2019
The Territory Managers own the Local AOP and have a principal reporting line into the Director S&P EMEA and a dotted reporting line into both, Nordics and CEE Territory Head of Finance. This is a permanent role based in our EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London.
- The individual is the head of the function for the territory and is responsible to implement and execute the EMEA Sourcing Strategy in partnership with the HOFs and the Business Executives. This role is the key contact for the Territory Senior Management related to sourcing & procurement, vendor risk management, compliance etc
- The Country Manager has to develop and deliver the Sourcing plan for the Territory, which should include both, a local and a category plan, and be aligned to the Territory and Company’s long term goals and strategy
- Advise and educate on all procurement related polices, as well as do the analysis and compliance reviews to drive compliance. Given the wide split of territories and languages, the execution can either be centrally provided by the Territory manager or by the local stakeholder teams under guidance of the Territory Manager
- Ensure the relevant local business, finance and sourcing stakeholders are considered and provide LOB / Country input into the Category strategy. Therefore, it is essential that the Territory Manager builds and maintains an extensive senior executive level internal network. These relationships are critical for informed, innovative & best in class Sourcing Plans and Roadmaps, aligned with the company’s long term goals
- Responsible for delivering the long term values and the shorter term P&L impact set forth in the EMEA Strat plan and Country AOP, in co-responsibility with the Category Sourcing heads of each category. Therefore providing collaboration and support to the category team and provide a country input to the Category AOP and facilitate relationship with local finance (sign offs, validation, support)
- “Value” or “Total Value of Ownership” does include financial, risk management and the Company’s reputation preserving measures, such as compliance with company standards and policies compliance with Company’s code of conduct, IP protection, Personal Data protection, etc
Areas of Accountability
- Is the key single point of contact for Sourcing for the territories
- Is responsible to continuously analyse spend and flag compliance issues to the territory’s HOF and management, designing solutions to support compliance in a very fragmented and spread territory
- In addition, as adviser on procurement related policy to the business, supports the territories in implementing processes if needed to ensure competitive bidding is done for amounts exceeding 100k USD. Engagement will reach form solely advising, providing templates and guidance, or to full execution
- Develops territory sourcing strategy in alignment with the EMEA Regional Sourcing & procurement Strategy
- Partners with Senior Stakeholder Executives and HOF in territory, and Category leads to build and execute the AOP (through Start Sourcing resources or guided stakeholder execution)
- Is accountable for the savings delivery of the sourcing plans in co-responsibility with category leads
- Is responsible to ensure Country / Territory requirements are feed into the Category teams and considered in the Category Strategy
- Collaborates with Categories’ in establishing the best proposed plan and governance for implementation of the cross-country/cross-LOB projects. Both by utilising own resources or Category resources.
- When developing the plan, pro-actively involves Category leads to ensure requirements are well understood and local experience and knowledge is leveraged. As well as ensuring the Category Strategy is applied locally
- Nurtures and develops relationships with key senior stakeholders, as well as build /establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Leverage EMEA scale and adheres to regional and global categories where applicable
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Strategic Sourcing focusing on the total value of ownership
- Proven experience as Sourcing Manager. Ideally experienced managing a wide scope of Indirects, or GS/PS/MK MK Sub Categories in a multinational & multi LOB environment
- MBA graduate or Bachelor in Business, Finance or Economics (with a postgraduate Procurement education) or equivalent experience
- Experience in partnering with Sr. Executive Stakeholders in a multinational environment
- Experience in FMCG or Media Entertainment Company
- Experience in managing/ collaborating with a virtual multicultural team
- Proven experience in helping business implementing procurement policies
- Fluent English, a second language relevant to the territory desirable
- Willingness to travel (position may require up to 20% travel)
- Self-driven individual with great networking and influencing skills
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.