Title Planning SupervisorApply NowApply Later Job ID 873906BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 11, 2021
Disney Studio Operations team are hiring a Title Planning Supervisor to support our Digital EMEA markets.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
This role is responsible for planning and coordinating the mastering of all localised versions for the Disney, Pixar, Marvel, 20CS, Searchlight and Lucasfilm digital cinema film releases, across EMEA. It operates in a highly complex intense environment where efficient planning, process and communication is essential. Dealing with multiple stakeholders and vendors across EMEA and Burbank, this role needs to balance many priorities with attention to detail being paramount.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Review and approve the EMEA mastering plan for the release of Disney’s theatrical titles, ensuring that it is communicated, discussed and agreed with all stakeholders including mastering vendors, EMEA markets and fulfilment vendors
- Facilitate the content planning for fulfilment of pre-release screenings and revenue plans
- Monitor the delivery of each film against the agreed plan, flagging and resolving issues as necessary
- Continually drive improvement in process. Identify issues and work with stakeholders to resolve the route cause
- Establish a good understanding of the EMEA localisation business rules, communicating and executing per those rules for each title
- Act as an ambassador and disseminator of content security best practice and protocol
- Manage key projects as required by line manager
Process and Fulfilment:
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the theatrical systems and processes
- Monitor and troubleshoot – in partnership with the markets and EMEA support team - issues with title fulfilment
- Promote best practice process across EMEA both in terms of systems and process.
Communication and Internal Partnership:
Communication and active partnership is a core responsibility. It will be essential to ensure all stakeholders are aware of plans, issues, vendor/system/process/technical developments including:
- EMEA and Global Studio Operations
- EMEA Markets
- Regional Motion Picture Sales
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required:
- Significant high transaction volume distribution experience, in complex business environments, across multiple markets
- Demonstrate excellent process and systems competencies, especially in digital content and distribution
- Proven Digital Cinema experience is required
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and succinctly to partners within a matrix organisation
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively, both internally and externally, is critical
- Detail oriented approach to planning and ability to prioritise effectively
- Process orientated with a natural inclination to find efficiencies
- Team oriented, flexible on working practices, builds working relationships quickly
- Competent with all Microsoft Office packages
- Engages colleagues across the organisation to optimise performance
- Manage the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Interact well with people who have different backgrounds, languages and work styles
- Provide appropriate rationale and context to drive understanding and commitment
- Support and invite diverse points of view
- Listen and ask questions to ensure understanding and appropriate support
- Convey relevant information in a timely manner
- Tailor messages appropriately to the audience
- Translate strategies into objectives and action plans
- Manages products, process, systems and resources to reach the desired outcome
- Analyses problems effectively and takes action to resolve
- Delivers against commitments
Exhibit Professional Excellence:
- Demonstrate integrity, consistency and passion
- Learn from Personal and Organisational experiences
- Strive for self-improvement
- Earn the respect and trust of colleagues and partners
- Treat others with respect
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.