UK Compliance and Consolidation Manager (2yr FTC)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 742622BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 29, 2020
The UK Compliance and Consolidation Manager will support the Senior Compliance Manager on financial statement preparation, vat return preparation/review, company reorganisation projects and local compliance and financial control matters. Partner the local finance teams, corporation tax team, shared services centre (SSC) and global controllership to provide accounting support to the business. Liaise with PWC on audit queries regarding both financial statement and annual audit.
This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team within the headquarters of The Walt Disney Company EMEA, with considerable scope for learning and career progression. The Compliance Team covers statutory accounting, technical accounting support, Sarbanes Oxley controls, VAT compliance and bespoke projects, and provides guidance and support to the various accounting and finance teams based in the same London office and across EMEA.
- Manage all aspects of the preparation, completion and audit of statutory accounts for all UK and Irish legal entities in line with FRS 102.
- Review of VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat returns for UK and Irish tax authorities ensuring that they are submitted on a timely manner. Work with the Director of Indirect Taxes to review and agree procedures.
- Review and reporting of Foreign VAT incurred by the company, maintaining of balance sheet account
- Approval of monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by UK Compliance Senior Accountant
- Support the Corporate Tax department by preparing supporting schedules for tax calculations and any ad-hoc tax audit requirements
- Liaise with various teams on company reorganisation and distribution projects and post EMEA related journals
- Review of monthly, quarterly and annual National Statistics surveys and ensure timely submission
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Minimum Control Standards by taking part in the annual SOX testing procedure.
- Support management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties and projects.
- Management, motivation and support of direct report; ensure continuous development
Basic Qualifications:Skills and Experience
- Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Strong experience of UK GAAP financial statements
- Strong educational qualifications with working experience within Accounting
- Some experience of VAT returns,
- Strong excel skills important
- SAP experience preferred
- Big Four background is preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.