Already applied?View Dashboard
Franchise Manager, The Walt Disney CompanyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543914BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted 04/09/2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the permanent position of Franchise Manager for Pixar and New IP, based in Hammersmith London.
The role represents a broader approach to Franchise Management, which goes beyond the Marketing function. The successful candidate will be held accountable for the performance of the franchises overall.
- Support Franchise Director to develop and deliver strategy and overall business for the Cars franchise, as well as Pixar properties and new IP
- Work across company to ensure strategic alignment to regional franchise core objectives and goals for these franchises in delivery of the annual operating plan
- Develop a deep understanding of the core insights behind the brands and interpret them as actionable objectives and goals
- Be point person for all relevant franchise communications in all EMEA markets and work closely with them on executing Franchise initiatives
- Opportunity to take the lead on specific projects and smaller franchises/properties
- Gather information to support Franchise Director to create EMEA for the Cars franchise and relevant Pixar and New IP, including audience insights, financials, analytics, knowledge and perspective from lines of business
- Work directly with regional markets and Franchise leads, as well as key regional lines of business, to ensure alignment with the broader franchise strategy – including (but not exclusive too) Studio marketing, product development, partnership opportunities and marketing initiatives
- Assist Franchise Director on the quarterly review cycles, tracking performance of franchises through the year
- Drive brand life-cycle and long-term content and marketing strategies: ensure these are shared and owned by key stakeholders, getting feedback and ensuring ‘buy in’:
- Support Franchise Director to lead companywide communications strategy to support the franchise, translate the strategy into specific priorities, objectives and action plans for each part of the business
- Report on overall franchise success and support the presentation of key learnings to the business on a quarterly basis
- Partner with lines of business on building the core content, product and marketing platforms
- Partner with support functions to drive ideation and implementation of marketing tactics
- Support trade and retail teams with brand pitch tools and marketing innovation
- Represent the franchises at key internal meetings with stakeholders
- Support areas of business in presenting the franchises (partners: licensees, retailers, promotional partners etc)
- Ensure constant flow of information across the company at regional and local level
- Become the Brand Steward for the franchises, supporting the business with reviews and approvals to ensure consistency and compliance to the franchise attributes and goals
- Undergraduate degree in a marketing or business or related field required
- Experience of working in a marketing/business role at manager level
- First-hand experience with marketing or brand management
- Strong understanding of digital marketing is a preference
- Strong project management experience essential
- Proven track record in leading/contributing to revenue/profit driving initiatives
- Experience leading a team or at least one direct report
- Must have strong presenting experience & be confident presenting to large audiences
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.