UK Payroll AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 784098BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 13, 2021
The Payroll Analyst plays an integral role in the team not only in supporting senior members but also more junior members in a payroll team that acts as a centralised HUB for the EMEA region.
The ideal candidate will have experience processing UK Payroll in SAP for multiple entities, supporting large user groups ideally within a large multinational organisation.
Some of the key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing UK SAP payroll ensuring that employees receive accurate remuneration on the published pay dates, thereby ensuring that the Company meets its contractual obligations.
- To ensure that Payroll activity is properly posted into SAP GL and post payroll activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Payroll team members to ensure all SAP Payroll inputs are loaded prior to payroll processing.
- Ensure that the Company meets all statutory, payroll related obligations for the legal entities supported.
- Approve monthly, quarterly, annual and other periodicity reports to the management of the Company, local authorities and other recipients
- To resolve all assigned payroll related queries from employees and legal entity stakeholders in a professional and timely manner or escalate where appropriate.
- To perform manual calculations for part-month and back-dated payments where necessary.
- To correctly calculate and pay statutory payments for SMP, SSP, SPP, SAP in line with HMRC regulations and Company policy.
- To calculate and check manual payments where appropriate ensuring that the payment is correctly accounted for.
- To analyse the variance report providing a reason for all variances above the set material limit r.
- Ensure Payroll procedures are kept up to date
- Support testing of SAP Payroll upgrades and OSS notes
- Take lead on various internal and external audit requests
The Experience We Require From You:
- Proven Experience processing UK Payroll using SAP
- Previously processed high volume (3000+) payrolls in a comparable organisation.
- Experience with Payroll Financial postings and post payroll 3rd party payment processing and reporting.
- Proven experience with statutory payments and reports are processes in a timely manner in line with HMRC regulations and Company policy.
- Experience of dealing with pension regulation and benefits and has a good working knowledge of employee taxes.
- Part Payroll qualification preferred but not essential, with a desire in exploring a career in payroll High attention to detail with good analytical and numeracy skills.
- High degree of PC literacy with advanced Excel (Pivots and VLookups).
- Demonstrated SAP Payroll and Finance expertise
- CIPP status preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – treat people with respect; is approachable, open and direct; develops effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave policies
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.