VFX Technical Assistant (Python) London, United Kingdom
London, England, United KingdomApply NowApply Later
Job ID o9bI7fwT Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Nov. 14, 2018
This is an exciting opportunity for a technical graduate who enjoys problem-solving and a passion for cutting edge technology to contribute across all aspects of production at ILM. This position provides support directly to artists and production staff and works closely with production and software engineers to enable the success and efficiency of the production pipeline.
The ideal candidate will have recently graduated with a Computer Science degree (or equivalent qualification) and has a knowledge of the world of Vfx or a strong desire to work within the industry. This role sits with our technology team and can act as a springboard to other roles in our technology department or other departments in ILM.
- Troubleshooting and dynamic problem solving for layout, animation, lighting, and post-production workflows.
- Image/Media handling, including conversion, manipulation, quality control, and playback for visual reviews.
- Render troubleshooting and queue management.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Familiarity with film, video and animation post-production and/or computer graphics techniques or a willingness and aptitude to learn on the job
- Aesthetic eye and/or artistic background desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
- Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
- Highly motivated.
- Career focus for animation, visual effects, or games industries.
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows/Mac
- Experience programming and/or scripting language (i.e. Python, Perl) a must.
- Ideally some previous part time, intern or up to a year's work experience.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.