Virtual Production Stage Technician (StageCraft) London, United KingdomApply NowApply Later Job ID ouIPcfwX Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jun. 08, 2020
Assists both the Virtual Production team and MoCap Supervisor to integrate and upkeep camera tracking hardware with the on set camera department. Responsible for coordinating and carrying out consistent calibration practices with camera to ensure quality data stream between mocap and virtual production departments.
- Ongoing care and upkeep of Virtual Production and MoCap systems including cameras, tracking objects, cabling and AV signal flow
- Collaborate with camera department on set to carry out calibration workflows between takes or lens changes
- Responsible for working with on set camera department to mount the Virtual Production data tracking hardware during shooting
- Assist with Vicon hardware adjustments as directed by MoCap Lead
- Assist with daily calibration of the volume and calibration of new tracking objects
- Work with the Virtual Production team to troubleshoot video feed, tracking, and calibration issues
- Efficiently communicate any changeover status or camera changes to the Virtual Production team
Education / Experience
- On set experience, preferably in a camera department role
Required Skills / Competencies
- Basic Linux, Windows, and OSX configuration skills
- Knowledge of basic motion capture tracking workflows
- Knowledge of basic A/V signal flow
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.