Already applied?View Dashboard
WDTCI Finance ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 591957BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 11, 2018
Job Summary:Based in our EMEA HQ in London, a 1 year FTC opportunity has opened in the team.
The role has ownership of the Finance Function within the WDTCI business with a key focus on OI (Operating Income) delivery, and is responsible for the management and development of the WDTCI Finance Analyst and Finance Assistant.
The Walt Disney Travel Company Int (WDTCI) is a business within the wider Disney Destinations International team in the UK.
This role will have significant interaction with WDTC-Florida Finance Manager, WDW (Disney World) Financial Accounting, Corporate Treasury and provides financial expertise, analysis and support to the WDTCI team including up to date information to enable sound commercial business decisions to be made.
- Ownership of the Finance Function within WDTCI with key focus on delivering Operating Income by achieving attendance, room nights and revenue goals
- Lead the financial analysis for business reviews, 5 Year Plan and AOP for WDW, DLP and DCL and present to Senior Leadership
- Manage the preparation and delivery of WDTCI monthly accounting transactions for all 3 brands and responsible for all revenue and cost recognition (turnover ~$160M)
- Liaise with finance partners in WDW head office to ensure timely reporting and forecasting to incorporate UK results within overall Travel Company goals
- Regular contact with WDW head office and travel to the US as required to continue effective working relationships and gain support from Finance leaders for future WDTCI expansion projects
- Monthly and quarterly management of the operational as well as Balance Sheet hedge programs and liaise with Corporate Treasury teams on variance analysis
- Complete quarterly foreign exchange forecasts and treasury submissions
- Responsible for commercial reporting of all 3 brands across the UK, Ireland and EMEA markets including distribution of key messages to Senior Leadership
- Influencing key business decisions through monitoring and benchmarking of competitors
- Oversee and manage relationship with Payment Service Providers and Merchant Acquirers
- Manage the PCI compliance and keep up to date with frequent card scheme changes
- Lead the audit process across all three brands within WDTCI and liaise with EMEA Controllership team
- Supporting the wider WDTCI team on expansion projects and lead the finance function for timely delivery of project milestones
- Maintain compliance with ABTA and ATOL requirements (membership, bond renewal and returns); resume the position of Delegate to the Accountable Person (EMEA Financial Controller)
- Provide financial insight to support delivery of WDTCI annual pricing strategy and input on strategic decisions for tactical activities; prepare and create annual pricing cube for WDTCI
- Provide coaching, mentoring and performance management for WDTCI Finance Analyst and Finance Assistant including regular appraisal and feedback
- Qualified accountant (AAT, CIMA or ACCA)
- Financial and management accounting experience essential
- Large matrix organisation experience preferable
- Travel Industry experience an advantage
- Strong financial and management accounting background
- Previous experience of analysing, forecasting, variance analysis and reporting
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills essential
- Computer literate
- Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office
- SAP knowledge preferable but not essential
- Consummate analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Critical thinking skills and effective communication of issues/solutions
- Ability to make decisions and implement them with diplomacy
- Drives results and is able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to work on own initiative/self-motivated but also a team player
- A highly professional approach to dealing with sensitive and confidential information
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).