Workforce Planning & Insights ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 771585BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 12, 2021
We are looking for a Workforce Planning & Insights Manager to join the Compensation & Benefits Centre of Excellence EMEA. This role will be responsible for managing headcount data, approvals process & reporting for Disney EMEA.
The scope of this role will also include providing the HR function and business leaders with data – driven analysis & insights to help drive strategic objectives.
- To manage all elements of data related to headcount approvals and reporting
- Ownership of current in house headcount management tool in partnership with Technology and Org Management team, current tool is HAMM but transition to Workday is in progress
- Provision of an effective and professional workforce management service for HR functions across the entire Region, through the development and maintenance of appropriate tailored solutions working within defined frameworks as necessary
- Support the HR community and the wider organisation by managing quarterly headcount data validation exercises, partnering with each Territory HR head
- In conjunction with the Workforce Planning Analyst EMEA, provide advice and guidance on the delivery of workforce management initiatives/policies/processes to the Territory HR Business Partners, local super user community and local HR across the Region
- Work closely with Regional Finance in order to ensure consistent headcount tracking between geographies and business within EMEA, tailoring reports to Finance needs and objectives as required
- Partner with other COEs – People Insights, GHRO (Global HR Operations), Org Management to ensure EMEA WFP approach is managed appropriately - act as conduit to ensure where applicable consistency in reporting, HR data coding and other interchangeable data
- Perform on a quarterly basis the analysis of EMEA headcount by country and Line of Business and liaise with the HR heads in each territory in order to ensure clear headcount tracking, accuracy of SAP data and allow headcount to be tracked consistently with AOP data
- Partnering with the Enterprise People Insights Centre of Excellence across reporting, insights and analysis cross-functionally to provide customized and relevant insight to EMEA HR and leadership
- Deliver data-driven analysis and insights including both data governance and data integration to enable the organisation to action plan, track and report against relevant metrics
- Partner with the Enterprise People Insights Centre of Excellence across reporting, insights and analysis cross-functionally
- Specific support on Gender Pay and other legal reporting requirements as related to pay across the region in partnership with the compensation team
- Understand, maintain and take ownership multiple data hierarchies used across a suite of reports with segment and enterprise-wide downstream impacts
- Validate and take ownership of large employee population files, ensuring accuracy for reporting and employee lifecycle survey administration
- Conduct regular benchmarking internally and externally to recommend strategies relevant for our businesses
- Strong data visualisation and presentation skills - findings will be presented to both HR and Business stakeholders to engage, inform and create actionable plans in line with HR and business priorities
- Perform various analysis related to our current workforce, i.e. generations mix, skills cartography, FTE etc.
- Insights lead on projects which may vary each year dependent on business requirements within Europe working across the team to provide support as required in gathering & analysing data and collating & presenting results
Skills & Experience
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in workforce management at Manager level
- Proven experience of working in a multi-national, fast-paced, progressive commercial organisations
- Proven experience gained within a US multi-national or similar matrixed organisation
- Experience of team management
- Working experience with headcount and employee data maintenance of an HRIS system (SAP and/or Workday)
- Working experience of Workforce systems and HR reporting tools (Cognos/Qualtrix)
- Working experience using HR Information Systems (SAP or Workday)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills is a necessity
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency is essential
- High level of IT literacy and use of Microsoft office packages would be an advantage
- Evidence of having successfully program managed large, complex projects or programs, achieving satisfaction & timeline objectives
- Specific EMEA experience would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of grasping issues quickly and delivering effective and efficient solutions
- HR systems knowledge – SAP a strong advantage
- Business Intelligence reporting tool such as COGNOS knowledge preferred
- Strong Stakeholder and relationship management skills
- High level of multitasking ability
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously
- Able to work with various levels in the organisation
- Familiar with relevant HR-oriented technologies
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.