Acquisitions AdminApply NowApply Later Job ID R10011644 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 01, 2021
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYDisney Media & Entertainment DistributionComprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
Do you have deep experience supporting a very high-level executive as well as an analytical background? Are you known for keeping your cool under pressure? Can you interact with the most senior levels of management? If you’re nodding your head, then a Senior Executive Support Professional position in acquisitions and strategy at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
Our Senior Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. You’d be a key member of a small, dynamic, fast-paced team that acquires content for DMED linear networks including FX, Freeform and National Geographic and sets the content strategy for several of these networks. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to the SVP of Strategic Programming.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leaders you support. In addition to aligning the program strategies and schedules for the linear networks, our team acquires major theatrical titles and off-net syndicated programs to feature on our DMED’s networks and associated on-demand platforms & apps. This content drives usage on the platforms and supports network originals. As part of the acquisitions process, each property is analyzed and presented to senior management for approval. This position will assist with pro forma modeling and deck creation to support each acquisition.
It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executives you support is absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of DMED and of related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executives within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Assist in Excel modeling and PowerPoint presentation creation;
- Read relevant newspapers and trade journals so you are completely immersed in the mission of the office, and its strategic direction, and can inform your executive when you see something he/she should know;
- Conduct research, fact-check existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries – you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely and will provide regular assistance on others;
- Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job;
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls;
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company;
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization;
- Manage large purchase orders and vendor contracts;
- Mentor and train other support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork;
Here’s what you will need to be successful in this role:
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
- Ability to create Excel models and summary tables quickly and error-free;
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of your executive’s business;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Confluence, Concur, and working in a Windows environment
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you;
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed;
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail; and
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
It would be great if you also had these skills:
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company
- Experience working in a large public corporation; and
- Good knowledge of entertainment business strategy and the competitive landscape
Education is important to us, here is what we are looking for:
- Required-Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Preferred-Master’s degree
Some of the perks we offer include:
- Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement-just to name a few!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.