Analyst, Content ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10078331 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Platform Distribution Date posted Feb. 05, 2024
Analyst, Content Management
Engaging in content management, content strategy, and content business development, the Content Management team is tasked with proactively managing Disney’s portfolio/inventory on a global basis – primarily with respect to distribution, productions and acquisitions – and delivering continuous and accurate programming and rights information to the Content Sales and Direct To Consumer teams in those efforts.
The Analyst would be a content expert for several of The Walt Disney Company (“TWDC”) divisions (which includes Walt Disney Studios, Twentieth Century Studios, Searchlight, ABC Signature, ABC News, Freeform, 20th Television, FX, National Geographic and more) and for other content to be distributed, produced or acquired by the TWDC and support the placement and/or sale of such content.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Support format licensing activity for Direct To Consumer and third parties, including internal and external client-facing relationships
- Present info regarding Content to Content Sales and Direct To Consumer teams worldwide (leading in the preparation of slides & talking points). Disseminate info to teams (via presentations, several trackers, as title highlights, and support on monthly newsletters, etc.) with DEI efforts in mind.
- Liaise with production groups and 3rd party producers and maintain relationships with both internal and external parties, leading some of those key relationships, like National Geographic.
- Attend production meetings where appropriate, monitoring feature and series development and building relationships with executives in the various production units.
- Pitch new or returning content to Content Sales and Direct To Consumer teams. Provide feedback to studio as appropriate.
- Assist with executing and facilitating key events for Content Sales and Direct To Consumer teams. Facilitate regional sessions with Content Sales and Direct To Consumer teams with producer groups.
- Collaborate with internal teams as needed (Disney+ team, Rights Management, Technical Servicing, Finance/Accounting, Production, Business Affairs, Legal, Sales, Deal Management, etc.)
- Perform other content-related tasks or projects on an ad hoc basis (competitive analysis, pitch decks, newsletters, system enhancements, etc.)
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint in Windows PC
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, tasks and queries at any given time across multiple functional disciplines
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (experience in writing for a variety of audiences and creating presentations is required)
- Known as being a team player with a reputation for collaboration
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and techniques
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Position is based in Los Angeles, California
- Strong affinity and appreciation for content creation, creators and the creative process (i.e., individual will have watched or be tracking new series and movies and have a strong knowledge and passion for all types of content, particularly content produced by TWDC)
- Understanding of, and demonstrated course work and/or experience in content distribution, production, representation, marketing, finance or accounting
- Experience at/with content studios, distributors, production companies or agencies, formats distribution/sales, legal and/or business affairs or rights management and DEI efforts
The hiring range for this position in Century City, CA is $72,505 - $93,830 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Platform Distribution:
Disney Platform Distribution manages all third-party media sales efforts for distribution; affiliate-related business operations for all of the Company's direct-to-consumer services and linear media networks; and content sales agreements for Disney Entertainment and ESPN.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Platform Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.