Assistant, Development (FX Networks)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 916456BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business FX Networks Date posted Jan. 11, 2022
- Answers phones, manages calendar, schedules meetings and conference calls, makes travel arrangements, handles expense reports, and performs various other administrative tasks.
- Evaluates and tracks submissions, reads drafts of projects in development, manages delivery of incoming scripts and cuts, and tracks shooting schedules.
- Manages communication between the Production and Development departments, studios and production.
- Coordinates and distributes materials pertaining to development projects to other FX and Disney departments, our productions and studio partners.
- Communicates with other departments regarding their needs and ensures they have the materials that they need to take care of their responsibility to the network.
- 1 + years previous administrative experience required, experience at an entertainment or media company preferred
- Avid TV watcher with a strong interest in series development, who wants to grow with the FX suite of networks
- Must be a highly organized, task-oriented person, able to manage and disseminate a high volume of information and material punctually, properly and confidentially in a fast-paced, busy office environment
- Must be able to evaluate material and think analytically in relation to projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have strong skills utilizing Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Four-year college degree required, preferably in film, broadcast, journalism, communications, English or business or equivalent work experience
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX+. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shōgun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network’s library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.