Assistant Editor & Media Resource Engineer
Los Angeles, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771241BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 23, 2020
Job Summary:WDT is seeking Assistant Editors & Media Resource Engineers (AE/MRE) with a passion for supporting the entire postproduction process. From receiving media assets to final distribution and archive, the AE/MRE has the technical mastery and knowledge to facilitate media workflows while working in a fast-paced environment. They will assist clients, editors, audio mixers, graphic artists, engineers, and vendors in the creation of promotional material for the FX Networks. They will provide quality service with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
Candidates will have an advanced level of technical operational skills and knowledge in the use of SD and HD broadcast and post production equipment, including but not limited to: Encode and Transcode hardware and software (Digital Rapids, ProMedia, Telestream), HD & SD tape deck operation and duplication, routers, signal converters, scopes, computer based video editing systems (Final Cut, Avid, Autodesk, etc.),
Experience with Mac and Windows based computers, file servers, networking, storage area networks and data management, file management of media assets and content management including MAM and PAM solutions.
- Analyze end user requests to develop efficient workflows in the ingest, processing, and management of media assets.
- Utilize Selenio Flex, Venice, Teranex, Adobe Premiere, Avid to encode, transcode, and rewrap media assets. media.
- Provide first level troubleshooting of technical issues on various equipment and software as needed. Escalate to engineering when required.
- Troubleshoot technical and operational issues with media content utilizing various hardware and software.
- Administer Avid ISIS/NEXIS storage system.
- Manage incoming and outgoing accelerated file transfers.
- Great communication skills in both verbal and written with management as well as clients. Highly organized with the ability to work within a team.
- Able to self-manage with an inspired attitude.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot operational issues in real time while thinking critically to identify solutions and implement the corrective actions, including escalation when needed.
- Able to read work order instructions and follow procedures.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing changes in processes, priorities, tasks and workload.
- Ability to analyze video, audio, and closed caption signals utilizing waveform monitors, vectorscopes, audio meters and metering applications.
- Experienced in networked & fiber attached storage.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.