Assistant, Publicity - Disney Television StudiosApply NowApply Later Job ID R10013139 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Dec. 15, 2021
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYDisney General Entertainment ContentDisney General Entertainment Content (DGE) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DGE offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DGE includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
Disney Television Studios
Los Angeles, CA 90064
This role supports a Vice President and Director in the Disney Television Studios Publicity department. Ideal candidates will have supported a high-volume desk and have the proven ability to manage complex and shifting schedules. The department is collaborative and inclusive; an employee on this desk will be immersed in a challenging and dynamic publicity environment.
- Position reports to the VP & Director in the Publicity department.
- Requires a professional interest in publicity and media relations.
- Must have basic knowledge of entertainment publicity, talent and related business contacts (agents, mgrs, publicists, media outlets, etc.).
- Must possess a positive & can-do attitude, be a self-starter, able to multi-task, and prioritize in a fast paced work environment.
- Daily scanning of trades, newspapers and entertainment weeklies for compilation of daily press clip packet.
- Compilation of media quote sheets, pitching charts, air date schedule and publicity status reports.
- Daily administrative support: phone coverage, filing, invoice processing/check requisitions.
- Responsible for compiling and updating media contact database for print and broadcast media.
- Responsible for booking talent travel and creating itineraries for talent publicity appearances.
- Assist with broadcast clip selection and manage all aspects of clip clearances and delivery.
- List management including maintaining accurate contact info for talent/EPs, show rosters, management contacts, etc.
- Minimum 1-year related industry experience mandatory.
- Must remain professional at all work events and be comfortable communicating with all levels of industry talent.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Requires excellent computer, design and organizational skills. (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Adobe, Excel proficient).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney General Entertainment Content, which is part of a business segment we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.