Associate EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 771796BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 14, 2021
- Write and edit stories for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development.
- Work with writers to bring a distinctive, compelling and authentic voice to all Digital Editorial sports products.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to make content compelling and comprehensive.
- Establish proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for social media.
- Establish proficiency and knowledge for SEO best practices.
- Ensure all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style and consistency requirements.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in editorial and content creation.
- Understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
- Basic knowledge of sports.
- Appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s audiences.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Appreciation for and understanding of college sports.
- Skilled in interpreting and applying data to decision making.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.