Associate Principle Counsel, FX Legal Affairs, Mktg. & DistributionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 731868BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Feb. 04, 2020
- In this role, you will handle agreements and identify and resolve legal issues in connection with the network operations and initiatives of FX Networks, particularly with respect to its marketing, publicity, and promotional groups, as well as its acquisition/licensing of television and theatrical programming.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of agreements and deals, including acquisition and licensing agreements, vendor master agreements and statements of work, licenses, releases, production-related agreements, digital agreements, cross-promotions, and sponsorships.
- Analyzing and advising in connection with legal rights and obligations, deal structure, guild agreements, intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, audits and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of television network(s).
- Providing solutions-oriented advice and subsequent review and approval for marketing output in all forms, including experiential activations, promotional goods, audiovisual pieces, co-branded content, social media activity, and more.
- A JD and a minimum of 5 years of combined experience at a law firm and/or network/studio.
- Experience at a television network or studio and/or familiarity with marketing legal issues and licensing/distribution/acquisition agreements preferred.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, prioritization and time management skills, along with the ability to work under tight deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high-volume projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional ability to respond to and interact with creative and business executives at all levels of seniority and any degree of familiarity with legal issues in a manner that is personable, professional, and useful.
- Exceptional facility with spotting issues, assessing and communicating risks, making common-sense decisions, and finding flexible/creative solutions to achieve business goals.
- Strong ability to work independently and to contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to curiosity, learning, and excellence.
- Enthusiasm for developing skills and experience alongside an evolving business with innovative ideas.
- JD Degree (Admission to California State Bar Association)
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.