Audio Operator IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 921131BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 17, 2022
- Proficient level of operational skills and abilities in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; audio mixing consoles, outboard equipment, MADI router, digital audio delivery servers, microphone and IFB signal flows, mix minus, intercom devices, broadcast routers, etc.
- Highly developed knowledge of broadcast methods of measuring audio signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations
- In-depth understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations. Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required. Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
- Expected to train others in operational areas and generate training documentation.
- Ability to interpret and understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel.
- Participation in required administrative tasks including, but not limited to, the effective utilization of all ESPN software based applications (such as time entry, travel and expense filing,) and daily shift reporting.
- All employees are expected to embrace company initiatives including town and/or departmental meetings, upward feedback performance management applications and employee surveys.
- Any other duties needed to help achieve business objectives
- Minimum of 4 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and manage simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) and solid communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; non-linear edit systems, broadcast routers, media management process and applications, technical standards, etc.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism or related field
- Vocational School Certification
- Related Experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.