Board Oper - P/TApply NowApply Later Job ID 10006642 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ESPN Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Position Summary: Operates the audio board during local and network programming, and through satellite feeds
- Operates the audio board during local and network programming, and through satellite feeds
- Responsible for airing spots when scheduled.
- Responsible for screening telephone calls
- Collaborating with show hosts on story ideas
- Responsible for basic Audio Production, Transmitter Logging, Emergency procedures
- Makes decisions regarding FCC indecency issues (dump button)
- Responsible for communicating issues with spots and production elements.
- Reports to Assistant Program Director, works with Producers.
- Customers include programming, promotion and sales staffs, in-studio guests, broadcast crews& engineering.
- 2 years related board-operating experience.
- 2 years related board-operating experience working for a Sports Broadcasting company
- Experience working remote broadcasts
- Experience coordinating a combination of production responsibilities to include but not limited to: running the control board, screening telephone calls and working with hosts on story ideas.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Rdo LA Assets LLC, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ABC Rdo LA Assets LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.