Already applied?View Dashboard
Board Operator II, Part-timeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 581149BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ESPN Date posted Aug. 03, 2018
Job Summary:The Part-time Board Operator II provides programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
- Operates control board for studios, remote programming and play by play broadcasts.
- Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Supports off-air commercial production.
- Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system.
- Time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends.
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands.
- Works well in a team environment.
- At least 1 year of experience running an audio board in a broadcast setting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
Additional Information:*Please note that relocation assistance is not provided for this part-time role*
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Radio Los Angeles Assets, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ABC Radio Los Angeles Assets, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.