Business Process & Requirements ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 774428BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
Responsibilities:Business Process Optimization
- Facilitate process and workflow development and optimization sessions.
- Document current and new processes with mapping, workflows, swim lane charts, ARCIs, etc.
- Provide recommendations for improvements.
- From a business perspective, identify and assess tool and systems opportunities that can expand capabilities, provide insights, or improve current approaches. Facilitate research into solutions.
- Assist in identifying resource needs within the organization to inform capacity planning for initiatives as well as financial and resourcing requirements to run new business models.
- Assist in development and delivery of key reports and presentations as required.
- Provide support for key initiatives across the CPGP organization.
- Provide communications & presentation materials development, including very high quality senior executive presentations that communicate strategy, inform decisions, and share results.
- Cultivate partnerships with key stakeholders to foster the ability to research, collect information, understand key operating principles and standards, and garner support from other teams.
- Be a thought partner and integrator on a wide variety of initiatives performing investigative research as needed.
- Partner with departments across the organization on various ad hoc business initiatives.
- Analyze data to inform strategic directions, drive decisions, and tell a compelling story.
- Manage daily activities of initiatives as requested, including identifying key activities and dependencies, and project managing the effort.
- Maintain plan information, status updates, close-out details and communicate variances to leadership.
- Proactively monitor progress for strategy initiatives. Regularly communicate status and roadmap changes to key stakeholders and facilitate planning sessions.
- Aggregate updates from key partners and facilitate issue resolution.
- Understand the strategic business objectives of an initiative to formulate detailed business requirements that can be used by all engaged departments to execute on an initiative (from Legal, Finance, and Accounting, through Inventory Planning, Sourcing, Digital/eCommerce, bricks and mortar partners, vendors, etc.).
- Provide thought partnership and apply business acumen to help fill in the gaps to ensure all business requirements are covered.
- Work with teams to identify dependencies for the business requirements so those are understood prior to execution of initiatives and assess the business requirements based on level of effort/complexity/difficulty of delivery.
- Prioritize the business requirements based on the impact value of the strategic objectives and associate them to appropriate roadmap timing/phases for the initiative.
- Support the business stakeholders and the other team members on an initiative by fully understanding the business requirements and through finding solutions to complex problems.
- 3-5 years of work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, business development, product management, requirements development, business analysis or a similar position of analytical and operational rigor with a focus on defining business objectives
- Strong business acumen to translate high level business goals into well-defined business requirements, and make recommendations for approaches to meet objectives
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook, and willingness to take personal initiative
- Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of in an organization working collaboratively with management across divisions
- Excellent presentation development capabilities appropriate to an executive audience
- Experience driving project efforts and developing processes in support of business operations
- Experience in eCommerce, Bricks & Mortar retail, Publishing, Games, and/or Studio industries is desirable
- Experience in consumer products, including vertical and licensed merchandise is desirable
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate complex data sets and processes in an effective manner
- Outstanding multi-tasking, prioritization, organization and teamwork capabilities
- Strong ethics, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- BA or BS degree in related field
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.