Casting Administration CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 746340BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Feb. 10, 2021
The Casting Administration department handles, oversees and processes all details associated with the hiring, contracting, paying and reconciling of performers in theatrical, television and new media productions across all Walt Disney Studios segments. This includes productions for animation, live action, streaming services, and also Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and now we are branching out to 20th Century Studios.
Our Casting Administration Coordinators are responsible for the tracking and data entry associated with every performer deal we process. This includes processing information from contracts, production reports and time sheets. They also create document packets that will be distributed to Studio, Legal, and Production teams. They ensure that all paperwork is properly completed for legal filing and all performers have been properly documented for payments. They also maintain relationships with Productions, Payroll accounting, Residuals department, and legal department. The job requires problem solving skills as well being able to adapt to a constantly changing workflow.
- Track and monitoring status of all documents and agreements and deliverables
- Print and distribute agreements for signatures
- Maintain files in connection with scanning, electronic filing, and distribution of all executed documents and agreements
- Create session and status lists in connection with performers’ services guarantees
- Data Entry (a high volume which must be meticulous and precise)
- Submit signatory documents to guilds
- Assist in creating project lists and master lists
- Track all worktime for performers employed in our Productions
- Reconcile and create residual reports
- Roll calls & answer phones
- Schedule internal & external meetings
- Maintain calendar(s)
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Represent the department in a professional manner
- Support departmental projects as needed
- Coordinate the preparation of meetings
- Process vendor invoices
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer literacy and familiarity with SAP. Working knowledge of Adobe, MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well and maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited direction.
- Minimum of 1-year experience at a Studio, Casting Agency, Production Company, or Talent Agency
- Experience working as a Casting Assistant or with a Casting Agency or Studio
- Experience working in Television and/or theatrical Production Offices
- Experience working in a high volume, heavy workflow environment
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.