Coordinating Producer IApply NowApply Later Job ID 815523BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
- Accountable for the oversight, content quality, budget and success of assigned sports news shows. Sets and communicates the creative vision.
- For assigned sports news show(s), directs and coordinates the full scope of producing activities of a staff of Producers, Associate Producers and Production Assistants and a wide variety of professionals accountable for program development and production
- Directs the design and use of interactive social and digital media to drive shows creative branding and elements
- Directs the conduction of research on sports information to obtain materials necessary for productions
- Oversees the creation of line copy and scripts for assigned sports news shows
- Work is reviewed by the responsible Senior Coordinating Producer relative to milestones, defined financial outcomes and viewers’ behavior for assigned sports news show
- Oversees and ensures the highest journalistic standards for assigned sports news shows
- Directly and through key subordinates, sets and ensures compliance with the highest levels of professionalism in all aspects of assigned sports news shows
- Creates and adjusts the concepts and content of assigned sports news shows to reach the largest possible number of viewers and to increase ESPN’s market penetration, ratings and viewership and financial results
- Contributes to determining or determines the content and focus of assigned sports news shows including the stories comprising each sports news show; ensures that important emerging stories and breaking news are identified and followed-up on
- Has established a high level expertise to create and produce compelling content for sports news shows
- Established mastery of real-time sports production processes
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with social and digital media
- Exceptional level of knowledge regarding technological advances relative to sports news show
- Excellent knowledge of what creative treatments, story ideas and concepts to use for sports news shows
- Strong understanding of ESPN’s market positioning and strategies
- High level knowledge of sports and sports history
- High level of management experience
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and influence across multiple areas, including but not limited to various Production teams, Talent, Sales, Promotional Partners, and HR
- Understands and can exercise journalistic integrity
- Has demonstrated an ability to direct and coordinate projects with multiple internal departments
- Has 7 to 10 years of progressively complex related studio or related journalistic experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in Communications or Journalism.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.