Coordinator, Post ProductionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723282BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator, Post Production based on the Fox Studios Lot in Century City, CA. This position reports to the President, Post Production.
- Support post production executive through answering and screening phones, scheduling appointments, and managing contacts
- Manage executive travel and expense reports
- Create and schedule conference calls with production and studio personnel through various stages of production
- Develop potential editors lists for shows in pre-production
- Act as the day-to-day liaison/first point of contact for Editorial and Post on all shows
- Locate, engage and set up Editorial offices for each show
- Solicit and negotiate avid rental bids
- Work with production crew to arrange shipments for editorial in distant locations
- Create and manage purchase orders
- Schedule, organize, set up executive and preview screenings (booking security, projection engineering, entering into our global screening system, etc.)
- Facilitate delivery of features including QC and approving masters
- Working with the studio distribution team to make sure their needs are met to ensure a timely release
- Must have solid working knowledge of post-production operations, at least 1 year
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize multiple project, with excellent follow thru and communication on status of tasks
- Communication skills to interface with 3rd party vendors, internal executives and staff in a collaborative and problem-solving fashion
- A strong customer service orientation with ability to anticipate and resolve routine questions or issues while still keeping senior executive aware of project status; has confidence to take initiative and research information as needed
- Good telephone manner, team oriented required
- Knowledge of purchase orders and expense reports
- Ability to work hours from 9 AM to 7 PM on regular basis; and on occasion may need to work additional hours depending on workflow demands
- Familiarity with physical production helpful or previous Studio production experience helpful
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later