Counsel, Legal Affairs Mktg & DistributionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 732078BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 10, 2020
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of agreements and deals, including vendor master agreements and statements of work, licenses, releases, production-related agreements, digital agreements, cross-promotions, and sponsorships.
- Analyzing and advising in connection with legal rights and obligations, deal structure, guild agreements, intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, audits and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of television network(s).
- Providing solutions-oriented advice and subsequent review and approval for marketing output in all forms, including experiential activations, promotional goods, audiovisual pieces, co-branded content, social media activity, and more.
- At least 3 years of combined experience at a law firm and/or network/studio.
- Experience at a television network or studio, transaction experience, and/or familiarity with marketing legal issues preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high-volume projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional ability to respond to and interact with creative and business executives at all levels of seniority and any degree of familiarity with legal issues in a manner that is personable, professional, and useful.
- Exceptional facility with spotting issues, assessing and communicating risks, making common-sense decisions, and finding flexible/creative solutions to achieve business goals.
- Strong ability to work independently and to contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to curiosity, learning, and excellence.
- Enthusiasm for developing skills and experience alongside an evolving business with innovative ideas.
- Admission to California State Bar Association
Required EducationA JD degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.