Creative Director, On-Air PromoApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738641BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
Sound like you? Read on.
Reporting to the Vice President, Creative of ABC Entertainment Marketing, and partnering with Digital Creative, Strategy, Production, Digital Media, Brand/Franchise Management, Publicity, Consumer Insights and Current Programming, this individual will co-lead the Creative Marketing team supporting ABC daytime, primetime and live events/specials.
- Oversee on-air, off-air, radio and digital promotion for ABC shows and specials
- Lead an in-house team of Writer/Producers and Associate Producers to execute 360 marketing campaigns
- Manage and supervise projects with multiple outside vendors
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop and inspire promotions that inform and entertain
- Uphold the highest level of standards to maintain accuracy and proficiency for all work from concept to completion
- Work within established brand guidelines, having extensive knowledge of brand promotions
- Respond to research and analytical data to create compelling, targeted marketing materials
- Actively hire, train, cultivate and inspire the career development of creative staff
- Minimum of 10 creative years within the media / entertainment space
- 3+ years of hands-on people management experience (Direct full-time Director Reports).
- Experienced in managing the overall creative and production process
- Has overseen and juggled a large volume of multi-level creative projects and strategy development
- Demonstrated creative strategic ability – from concept to final execution for launch campaigns, stunts, sustain campaigns
- Skilled in managing live-action shoots, inclusive of talent management
- Independent thinker and able to liaison with a strong sense of organization and tactical thoughts with production, brand strategy and design teams
- A proven understanding of deadlines for strategy, planning processes and creative team
- Has mobilized and managed a highly diverse team of creatives with diverse personalities
- Able to communicate with clear direction across multiple LOBs utilizing strong, persuasive presentation skills
• Expertise in budget management
• Collaborative management style and comfortable in navigating a highly matrixed organization
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or 15+ years relevant work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.